Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What is this crap?? Knock Sensor and wrong Mileage??

This is a discussion on What is this crap?? Knock Sensor and wrong Mileage?? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; he said it goes across the plug onto the computer so a tech will know if the computer has been ...

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

he said it goes across the plug onto the computer so a tech will know if the computer has been tampered with in a warranty situation.He said the vin will have a notification added to it if a dealership does it so there will be no warranty problems in the future.It's supposed to be as wide as a cd box.thin side...

The Rookie
    I am assuming that it goes across both plugs??

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

one on each

The Rookie
    " Houston we have a problem!" Ther is only one small sticker on the side opf it. How do I find out now, if this is the stock computer for my car?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Well now that everybody has all their bullshit out....listen man...sounds like a simple IAT issue to me.....what code are you throwing? Look....on a street car....with a knock sensor issue....one of two things...either you are running cheap ass gas or the IAT is off and cutting timing thus causing the knock(the engine will protect itself).....
    Often on GM IAT's the issue is a "dirty" IAT....do you have a stock CAI? KN? Oil it recently?....pull your IAT and spray it down with brake cleaner or electrical cleaner....let it AIR DRY.......change your air filter if you are running a stock air box.....if you are running an aftermarket hood or cone....clean it and lightly oil it....oil gets on the IAT sensors and causes the anti knock to kick in ......As far as the mileage miss match....when a GM service rep services a car they reset the mileage "service indicator"...it does not match the odometer......Sheesh! So you do not have to rip your ECM out nor bug GM HQ...the internet is unreal...
    Last edited by Sarge; 10-31-2005 at 03:57 PM.

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

It's number time chief...Gonna have to get the numbers off the comp. and see if they match the vin# on the car.Talk to a local dealer but make sure its a reptable one who isn't afraid to do a little research.

The Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge
    Well now that everybody has all their bullshit out....listen man...sounds like a simple IAT issue to me.....what code are you throwing? Look....on a street car....with a knock sensor issue....one of two things...either you are running cheap ass gas or the IAT is off and cutting timing thus causing the knock(the engine will protect itself).....
    Often on GM IAT's the issue is a "dirty" IAT....do you have a stock CAI? KN? Oil it recently?....pull your IAT and spray it down with brake cleaner or electrical cleaner....let it AIR DRY.......change your air filter if you are running a stock air box.....if you are running an aftermarket hood or cone....clean it and lightly oil it....oil gets on the IAT sensors and causes the anti knock to kick in ......As far as the mileage miss match....when a GM service rep services a car they reset the mileage "service indicator"...it does not match the odometer......Sheesh! So you do not have to rip your ECM out nor bug GM HQ...the internet is unreal...
    Where have you been Sarge! Ok That kinda makes sense. I cleaned and reoiled my K&N on my truck and my car about 3 days before the check engine light came on! So that could have turned on the "Check Engine" light? And being "The Rookie" I am, what is a IAT? And How do I clean it? Then do I have to have my buddy reset the computer to turn the light off, or will it go off on its own???

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

I think intake air temp

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I've been on American Airlines talking to a bunch of dumbshits on the other side of the pond....."Kinda makes sense"....you think!...the minute I read your intial post I knew what you had done you lil shit....Oh 3 days after I oiled my KN the check engine light came on....no shit....well shit...lemme look up a 2002 SS Bright Red and do it for you....you lil shit. I'll be back in a minute...gotta get a BJ.....stand by...

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    I think intake air temp
    Even a blind fucking monkey keeps looking for bananas.
    WTF do you think IAT stands for? He cleaned his filter with oil! Duh...you think mebbe some oil is on his IAT mebbe?
    LawDog....all my folks came from Oklahoma...Tecumseh to be exact.....I killed them. Oh never mind....I gotta help this kid fix his damn car....

The Rookie
    It's not my daily driver...... So the first time I drove it, was with the newly oiled filter 3 days later. So it is probably dirty IAT???

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hell no...Sarge is jetlagging his ass off...I'm saying IAT and mean MAF......here... http://www.motorsporttech.com/fbody_air_intake01.asp
    scroll down..see that Granatelli MAF?...that is Mass Air Flow Sensor...you got oil all over them lil bitty wires and is is fucking you car up....be careful and DO NOT TOUCH THEM LIL BITTY WIRES.....spray some brake cleaner on it....let it air dry...and take your negative battery post off for 20-30 minutes while you are cleaning it.......reinstall the damn thing....reconnect you battery cable....now sometimes it takes 2-3 ignition cycles to kill a code...so do not shit yourself....
    let me know....

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

damn-Sarge is having a heartattack!Everybody take a breath-the thing that is plugged in to the air cleaner housing above the airfilter is the IAT sensor.

The Rookie
    doing it now. Thanks Sarge, I'll keep you posted.

Lawdog I know you mean well, so I appreciate it!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'm tired buddy
    And LawDog...my cousins started for OU in the 70's...big bastards
    I didn't kill them......but I did kick em in the balls and run like hell
    Last edited by Sarge; 10-31-2005 at 04:28 PM.

The Rookie
    "now sometimes it takes 2-3 ignition cycles to kill a code..."

Sarge, Ok I cleaned the damn thing with Brake cleaner let it air dry, now you said to do the above. Is that just a matter of turning the key on and off 3 or 4 times and letting it run throught the bells and whistles, or do I need to run the car for a little while a few different times. I know.. I know... I am just a "Dumb lil Shit"! Thanks for your help.

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

another thing you can do to kill codes is turn the ignition to the on position but don't start and pull the PCMIGN fuse and the PCMBATT fuse, wait a few minutes then turn off ignition and reinstall fuses.Start car it will take a minute to run normal again but it will go normal..Sarge I hate OU i like OSU and i'd like to kill some of my relatives....

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

...I'm gonna kill those darn codes!

sonnyred
    With all the killing going on here i'm sure everyone happy as a pig in shit. Oops sorry .As a pig in lil shit.

BULLET99Z28

HEy Ya'll, new meber here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information