Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

What comes with a SLP Lid?

This is a discussion on What comes with a SLP Lid? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just won an auction for a used slp lid for a 00-02, with AIR hookup. I am wondering what ...

  1. #1
    Member bryceslu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    467

    Black
    00 NHRA Formula

    What comes with a SLP Lid?

    I just won an auction for a used slp lid for a 00-02, with AIR hookup. I am wondering what all comes with it? this looks like it:


    Whats the long black strip by the metal band?

  2. #2
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    That is the hose that hooks up to your air pump. I need one but can't seem to find one by itself!

  3. #3
    Member TRANS-DAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PASADENA,TEXAS
    Posts
    391

    BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

    I think he means the flat strip, if so it's just a peel and stick rubber strip that sticks on the back side of the lid to help seal


    oh and KAHANAREEF just delete the air pump and you won't need the hose , if not I think I have one

  4. #4
    Retired NOT tired SteveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Poway, Ca
    Posts
    1,126

    SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

    SLP grass

    SteveC

  5. #5
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    That is the hose that hooks up to your air pump. I need one but can't seem to find one by itself!
    home depot son! thats what i had to do...go get a 3/4" rubber hose fitting with two male ends on it, then just go to the car parts store and grab some heater hose thats 3/4" and kablam!

  6. #6
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    home depot son! thats what i had to do...go get a 3/4" rubber hose fitting with two male ends on it, then just go to the car parts store and grab some heater hose thats 3/4" and kablam!
    That may work but none of that is pre-molded to follow the contours of the core support.

  7. #7
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,565

    Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

    true but all you are recieveing from this hose is a small vaccume coming from the airbox...its just so no dirt gets in the airbox or in the hose...the home depot method works!

  8. #8
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD View Post
    I think he means the flat strip, if so it's just a peel and stick rubber strip that sticks on the back side of the lid to help seal


    oh and KAHANAREEF just delete the air pump and you won't need the hose , if not I think I have one
    LOL, I see that now...

    Yeah, the guy I got my car from put a 98 lid on it and just had the hose crammed under the frame. So, I just put a small air filter on it.

    I've been trying to find the hose and connector for it but no one sells it separately that I can find.

  9. #9
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    true but all you are recieveing from this hose is a small vaccume coming from the airbox...its just so no dirt gets in the airbox or in the hose...the home depot method works!
    I understand why it's there,,,I just like the looks of the pre-molded hose that follows the core support. A regular hose from home depot won't do that,,it would just kinda lay there and look a little ugly. It's just my opinion though,,,I'm a bit picky about details. Thats all I was getting at.

  10. #10
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    true but all you are recieveing from this hose is a small vaccume coming from the airbox...its just so no dirt gets in the airbox or in the hose...the home depot method works!

    I do have an air filter on there right now, but, I may do that until I either get the right part or get a different lid all together. Thanks

  11. #11
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    x2 just delete the air pump

  12. #12
    Member bryceslu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    467

    Black
    00 NHRA Formula

    Quote Originally Posted by TRANS-DAD View Post
    I think he means the flat strip, if so it's just a peel and stick rubber strip that sticks on the back side of the lid to help seal
    Is that strip a necessary component?

  13. #13
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    x2 just delete the air pump
    How do I do that???

  14. #14
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bryceslu View Post
    Is that strip a necessary component?
    No.
    I didn't use mine. I don't care for that sticky foam crap. deteriorates and falls apart in a short amount of time, especially if exposed to heat or the environment.

  15. #15
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    How do I do that???
    You'll have to go into the tune and delete or disable the air pump codes. I also unplugged mine at the pump. From there it's up to you whether or not you want to remove the pump entirely or let it ride.

  16. #16
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You'll have to go into the tune and delete or disable the air pump codes. I also unplugged mine at the pump. From there it's up to you whether or not you want to remove the pump entirely or let it ride.
    yep

  17. #17
    Member slpdablueZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    403

    blue
    2002 Camaro Z28

    wat are the benefits of deleting the air pump?
    2002 z28-slp cai, slp loudmouth, slp tuned headers, slp 85 mm MAF, slp high flow cats, 3" y-pipe and collectors
    331.6 rwhp/356.9 rwtq

  18. #18
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by slpdablueZ28 View Post
    wat are the benefits of deleting the air pump?
    less bullsh*t under the hood haha

  19. #19
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    less bullsh*t under the hood haha
    Ya he's right,,,thats about it. That thing does have a mess of hoses (3/4 inch hose) that runs around the back of the engine and turns into steel pipe before it connects to both exhaust manifolds. With this stuff removed it's much easier to change plugs and all around general maintainance.

    I removed all the hoses around both sides of the engine and went with long tube headers without the provisions to clean things up a bit. But I left the air pump ride.

  20. #20
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya he's right,,,thats about it. That thing does have a mess of hoses (3/4 inch hose) that runs around the back of the engine and turns into steel pipe before it connects to both exhaust manifolds. With this stuff removed it's much easier to change plugs and all around general maintainance.
    Will it mess with passing smog if I just have it taken out?

    I'm in CA...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •