Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

What car should i get???

I have this beat up chrysler 300m and im sick of it. I want a new car and im not sure what to get. I was looking towards a 69 or 70 camaro z28 but there hard as hell to find for a descent price. So if you could give me some choices that would be great.

Me and a friend are wanting to work on a car and i want one that will be fast.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Hmm.. up there you aren't going to find anything really good.. either they will be complete rust buckets or have been stored and thhey are asking a MINT (Lived in WI till last year) .. First thing is to really decide what you want, if you want one thing, then settle for something else.. you'll be kicking yourself when You find the car you wanted... and can't afford it. Anyway, with enough searching, you can find what you want for a fairly decent price. And ANYTHING can be fast with enough time and money... Just need to find a good body first. What kind of budget are you looking at?
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

well ive got about 2gs and if i sell my car (max 4gs) is about a total of 6gs and lol my parents will pitch in about 2-3 so im looking at about 9-10 max budget.

i like that car in your profile

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

With that kind of cheddar, you shouldn't have a problem finding a decent car and build it up some... are you stuck on the early 2nd gen? You could get a 3rd gen for next to nothing, and drop the other 8 grand into performance and smoke most things... or get a cheap 4th gen and work on it.. those 2nd gens that are decent.. aren't real cheap... is that the TOTAL amount for rebuilding and parts and labor PLUS the car? Just some things to think about.... these cars ALWAYS take about triple thhe money to work on then you think... and once you start modding to make it better/faster you'll want to keep going.. thus costing more money..

And thanks! I love it.. thats before my silver graphics. Do a search for Bandit Run and you'll find a bunch of pics and videos of my car and about 100 other trans ams on the run (mines the only black 4th gen with silver sidestripes on the run)

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

alright thanks!!

What do you think would be a good car to start out with?? I dont know alot about cars but i want to start. Something to do when im not playing Hockey or Football.

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

To learn on I'd say if you can't find a 2nd gen in your budget stick with a 3rd gen.. less computer crap and LOTS more room to work. Plus parts are a lot less expensive.

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

so would that be a trans am or what kind of car sorry for the lack of knowledge for cars?

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

2nd gens are 70-81, 3rd gens are 82-92, 4th gens are 93-02... F-body is Firebird and Camaro... # gen means what body style... sounds like you need to spend some time on google and wikopedia.....

Silver
    99 Chrysler 300M

yes i do , Thanks for all the help man highly appericiated

Thread Information