Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

What can be done to improve ride of my TA?

This is a discussion on What can be done to improve ride of my TA? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

In my opinion, a 4th gen will never be equivalent to a Corvette or Cadillac as far as handling or comfort. I don't care how much you put into it or who you call. Several things can be done to improve upon handling though. Comfort? A little.
    It's on jackstands.

God knows I've had and still have worse riding vehicles than a 4th gen. Solid axle jeeps and blazers to name a few. So I don't find the ride all that bad in a 4th gen personally and I'm an old fart. But I'd be willing to bet it could be softened quite a bit with the right selection of springs and shocks to suit most anybody. We have daily driven them for years in stock form (since the mid to late 90's) so I guess we are just used to them.

Good shocks nowadays are a bit pricey, but it would be the first thing I'd try if I wanted to change the ride quality. My other direction of thinking is to trade that sucker in on a new 5.0 stang Just waiting for the day my wife says she's tired of it.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

My charger rides better but the TA is way more fun. If you want power and comfort get a CTS-V or corvette, that is what I would do.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I would go with some new bushings and some adjustible shocks so you can dial in the ride you want. My $.02.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have Koni 4/4 on-car adjustable shocks. I am using Strano's springs too which are supposed to work well with those shocks. They did make the car handle better, but I wouldn't go as far as saying the ride comfort improved drastically. Maybe an air suspension would be more appropriate if driving on a cloud is the feeling some people are after. Not sure. I would agree the CTS-V is awesome though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information