Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What are the best spark plugs to use?

This is a discussion on What are the best spark plugs to use? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Fuck NGK, there is a plug out there, called ________ Racing. Can't remember the name but I will look it ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Fuck NGK, there is a plug out there, called ________ Racing. Can't remember the name but I will look it up tonight and post back. They had a 02 SS on the dino, one time with stock plugs, one with NGK's, and one with this racing plug. The NGK's added about 2 hp at the rear wheels over the stock plug, while the ________ Racing added about 6.9 hp over NGK's. If I can recall correctly, they were the same price as NGK's and the SS had no other mods. 6.9 hp at the wheels is domination over NGK. That is 8.9 hp over stock.

Stock/NGK's plugs ________ Racing plugs. I think they started with a B or something. I'll look it up tonight.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    99 SS

i do not believe that at all, there is no way that a plug will add 10hp to the car, nope i think thy lied man, not happenning.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
    I think you need to read his post a little more carefully and chill yourself...
    I'm not the one upset.
    My reading and comprehension are excellent.

I couldn't understand why he feels I was calling him out on his recommendation.
    I told him I've heard alot of people talk about them but no one could give me any info. Then I asked him how often he changes them, and he got upset.

I then I made an attempt to let him know I wasn't trying to nail him, just wanting some info, then you seemingly became upset.

You have a beer and chill too!

Still not upset, Bob.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

8.9 not 10 and it is really not that hard to believe. They showed the dyno graphs and everything. I forgot what magizine it was in, super chevy or hot rod, which are both good mags. Granted the engine may have been different temps, but usually those mags don't lie, the graphs sure didn't.

Black
    99 SS

i still dont buy it, im going to research this.

[QUOTE=rbob93]Called out?? What are you talking about??
    I have offended you by asking for some help in making a decision?

Iím not looking for an ďinternet expertsĒ answer, just some basic info on replacement frequencies, mileage improvement, HP increases etc.
    Iím looking for real user info, not some websites claims.

If you can provide me with that, great, but donít take offense in me asking questions about a product you recommend.
    I thought this site was for sharing info, and discussing cars and such.

For me, $48.00 is a lot of money; I may not be as well off as you may be, and prefer not to be taken in by false claims in advertising.

Have a beer and chill.

[QUOTE] Bob93

Sorry dude,

It just seems as though any time an alternate resource has been offered as replacement to an existing favorite, the poster gets flamed....my bad. As stated, I believe the E3 is the real deal & is the design standard for future plugs.

Now, let me respond to people whom are posting about plugs that increase HP. Go back to your crack pipe (That's a joke BTW). Generally, plugs and wires have only the ability restore power lost that was previously available under optimum ignition conditions. The dyno info. being referred to above can be realted to several other variables such as heat soak, timing & fueling variations during the run, RPM reduction up top....etc.. The only plug that has documented evidence to have increased pressure in the combustion chamber is the E3. Even E3 states that the improvement must be measured within the combustion chamber in order to record the improvement. To me, this means that it likely doesn't show up @ the flywheel &/or the rear wheels. The design advantage is a more consistant spark over varying engine speeds & a slight increase in combustion chamber pressure.

As stated, my reason for choosing the E3 is that a lot of time & $ is spent optimizing the performance of our engines. Why not go all the way to ensure that each area is as good as it can be.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

LS1-450, your mostly right with what you are saying (btw the E3 does look badass) Plugs most of the time will restore lost horsepower, but they also can add hp. For example, the plugs that come with an engine maybe good but their maybe a better design. Better design = better effecenciy (wrong spelling) = better hp or mpg. I admit there could be many reasons why it dynoed like it did. There is many ways to trick dynos. All I am saying is that those mags are independant testers and what they showed looked legit.

Red
    1998 SS

was time to get new ones for me when i came accross this thread......i get my e3's today and cant wait to install them......i hope i see a diff....if not, back to the ngk's.......i guess for me its the only way to try stuff being that each car reacts diff. to mods.......
    98SS A4, TSP CLR LID, LS6 INTAKE, BMR SFC/STB/ LWR CNTRL & TRQ ARMS, KYB ADJ., HOTCHKINS SWAY BARS, MSD WIRES, JETHOT LT/ORY, MAGNAFLO CATBACK, EIBACH PROKIT, 19" TSW WHEELS, PERMA COOL TRANY COOLER.

257.8 hp (MUSTANG-DYNO) b4 ANY MODS.
    13.6 1/4 mile

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by redz284u
    was time to get new ones for me when i came accross this thread......i get my e3's today and cant wait to install them......i hope i see a diff....if not, back to the ngk's.......i guess for me its the only way to try stuff being that each car reacts diff. to mods.......
    Great!
    Please post any info you can. Nothing like a real user's input, rather than a company's promise.

Good luck.

Bob

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93
    Great!
    Please post any info you can. Nothing like a real user's input, rather than a company's promise.

Good luck.

Bob

The Rookie
    After reading the above posts and the website for the E3 plugs. I thought I would give them a shot. I just ordered them from Strauss Discount auto. Got them for 4.62 each on their online store.

Black
    99 SS

4.50 for spark plugs!!!!!!!! WOW!!!! i pay like 1.20 for my NGK's

Red
    1998 SS

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    After reading the above posts and the website for the E3 plugs. I thought I would give them a shot. I just ordered them from Strauss Discount auto. Got them for 4.62 each on their online store.
    summit racing $5.99 free 3 day shipping...i get mine today woot woot

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

Maybe a dumb question but what is the E3 plug?

Red
    1998 SS

installed the e3's on saturday......no real noticeable hp increase, seems like just restored original preformance......in process of checking gas consumption....

Red
    1998 SS

after two full fill ups, there is no significant increase in mpg .....so in conclusion, the e3's did not seem to add either hp, or mpg......so i will be going back to ngk's....at least those i can get at local store, and are way less expensive.......

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

NGK makes Ford Racing Iridiums($11.00 ea.), Which simply are NGK Iridiums
    ($6.00ea.), which work well in GM's as well. NGK V-Power TR-6 are what I use, Due to Timing Advancements and other mods. TR-55 are good stock replacements. Champion($1.89ea.) makes stock AC Delco plugs($2.49ea.) and AutoLite($2.99ea) makes the AC Delco Platinums($3.99, in which has anyone else seen the piss poor quality of the factory plugs? I couldnt get them out fast enough.....Its funny what you learn when working in a parts store.... my 2 cents and sorry for the rambling - Tim
    Last edited by PaganEgyptian; 11-15-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Black
    2002 Camaro

Ok everone.... Settle down now, we are all freinds here. I agree with everone stating the NGK TR55's, However.... If you if you intend on runnig nitrous or forced induction then the NGK TR7IX is the way to go. Its 2-steps colder than stock and is an iridium design wich would be much better suted for power adders. But beware these plugs carry a nice price tag. $7.70 per plug directly from NGK.
    Hope this helps!!

Ric

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

I swapped the stock'uns out at 100K for a set of Bosch Platinums. They work... that's all I have to say about'em. And they seem to make the motor ping above 5000 rpm at WOT. Goin with TR55s next go-round.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie
    So, have you installed them yet? Results?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information