What am I looking at Hp wise?

This is a discussion on What am I looking at Hp wise? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Alright I finally got mt 3.73's installed and holy s*** I don't know why they ever put 2.73's on these ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

What am I looking at Hp wise?

Alright I finally got mt 3.73's installed and holy s*** I don't know why they ever put 2.73's on these beasts. Anyways big suprise I want more power, so here's my plans for future MODS, please feel free to tell me if I'm wasting my money or if I can get more power easier and for less money! Here's what I've got planned: Free MODS, Slp lid, belows, MAF, remove muffler. What kind of HP gains wouls I be looking at and for the money can I get better HP for about the same cost for what is listed? Thanks for all your help! Hassel

black
    1999 z28 convertible

Whats all involved with that gear change as far as computer wise.

Navy Blue Metallic

nothing yet, deciding on a hand held

Navy Blue Metallic

hypertech I've heard is a good one for Auto's with not many mods, nut if your going to get serious I've read to get into software, but my life is to busy to start learning all that although I would love to learn

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

Quote Originally Posted by HasselZ28 View Post
    Alright I finally got mt 3.73's installed and holy s*** I don't know why they ever put 2.73's on these beasts. Anyways big suprise I want more power, so here's my plans for future MODS, please feel free to tell me if I'm wasting my money or if I can get more power easier and for less money! Here's what I've got planned: Free MODS, Slp lid, belows, MAF, remove muffler. What kind of HP gains wouls I be looking at and for the money can I get better HP for about the same cost for what is listed? Thanks for all your help! Hassel
    I'd skip the MAF and bellows - they won't do much for power. But a lid and cat back will open her up a bit. That's probably 10 rwhp.

To make real power, you'll have to spend money - long tubes, cam, heads, tune, FI, etc.

I started with a catback, then added an SLP lid and longtubes. I'm happy with it now, but I know I'll want more very soon.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd pass on the MAF...stock one is fine. Get a cutout instead of taking the muffler off that way you can cap it to make the car quiet when you want/need it to be. Is the car an auto? If so put a stall in it to go with the gears. If you think the gears made a difference wait until you see what a stall does ~.5 in the quarter.
    If you're going with a handheld I would shy away from an Hpp3 and look at a Predator or Vinci. Mrr23 can tell you about the Vinci handhelds because I have no experience with them but do have with the other 2.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

I would definatly get a catback and a lid. i have the bellow and slp maf, it doesnt make that much of a difference. dont just cut the muffler out cuz one its illegal and 2 it wont sound that great. as mentioned above, you might consider longtube headers, ORY, and a stall converter

Thread Information