Thread: what 2 do???

white w/blue stripes
    1999 Trans Am WS7

what 2 do???

OK!! I have a 99 ta ram air m6 with 107000 miles on it. The engine runs great no oil leaks or anything. I was wanting to rebuild my engine and put cnc ls6 heads, ls6 intake, ported tb, hot cam, new pistons, headers,no cats,corsa exhaust and ls1 edit. Am i wasting my money or is there another way to get at least 450hp. Thinking about sts turbo. wanting to spend about 4-6K. Any options.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You won't get all that and the turbo for 6k. Check out thunderracings head/cam packages....they come with AFR 205's and your choice of cam size...and you can add in pushrods. To get 450rwhp with all the bolt-ons you mentioned...you'll need a decently aggressive cam....unless you still want the sts....then you'll need a cam with a high lsa. I'm no cam expert though...so hopefully someone that is will join in.

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by white/blue99ta
    OK!! I have a 99 ta ram air m6 with 107000 miles on it. The engine runs great no oil leaks or anything. I was wanting to rebuild my engine and put cnc ls6 heads, ls6 intake, ported tb, hot cam, new pistons, headers,no cats,corsa exhaust and ls1 edit. Am i wasting my money or is there another way to get at least 450hp. Thinking about sts turbo. wanting to spend about 4-6K. Any options.
    4-6 total??

It all depends on what you want to do, if you want engine.. then yeah, that'a great plan.. but if you are thinking about FI, and want 450 rwhp, you might want to think about a supercharger over a turbo.. Everyone has their own opinion on this, but superchargers are generally an easier install, and you could easily get that kind of power...

Thread Information