Thread: Wet Floor Pan

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Unhappy Wet Floor Pan

Hi my name is Greg. I am a new member as of today. I love it. I need help if any one has any info for me it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2000 Camaro SS. I have a problem with water leaking in under the dash it appears from the passenger side. Everytime it rains i find the carpet on that side soaked. It doesnt appear to be leaking from the window seals,they look good. it looks to be under the dash around the heat/air blower motor. Has anyone here had this problem or knows of someone who has. Please Help.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

there's a drain hose that runs down right in front of the passenger firewall. That's probably plugged up. Run a coat hanger through it a couple of times and I bet that fixes your problem.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Wow, Thanks for the fast responce. I took the PCM out and cleaned all the leaves and crap from under it but did not see a drain hose. can you be more specific or maybe another jesture.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you have to get under the car and it drops down right in front of the passenger side firewall

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I see a hole under the heater core/evap core housing but no drain hose. Maybe thats my problem. Do i have too take the dash and heater core housing apart inside the car too replace the hose? I tried to look in the hole but could not get close enough too it. Thanks for helping me out with this issue this website is the shit. I will continue too probe the inside and let you know what i find.

Are you guys talking about the AC condensate drain or something else?

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

I do beleave that is what orion had in mind. Do you have any thoughts on this issue I am having. I would love to here all.

This is the AC drain no external hose: http://shbox.com/1/a_c_drain.jpg In your original post you said it only happens after raining - unless that's the only time you use your AC I was thinking something else, like the grommet under the PCM leaking from pooling water and leaking into the car.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

That is exactly what i see. Yes it only happens when we have a good rain. I checked the groment under the PCM a little soft but not damaged or torn. I will check too see if the water could be running down the wire harness that feeds through it. Seems too be tight. Any other thoughts.

I ran my SLP fan switch wires through the grommet years ago, sealed it with some silicone caulk. Never had any issues. Might be time to get the garden hose out to track it down, if it's not the drain. Is the drain leaving a puddle under the car after running the AC?
    Last edited by 2001NBMZ28; 08-04-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

you know it. already started on that. But need another set of hands to spray hose while i work my way under the dash to find source of leak. Thanks guys for all the good thoughts. I also have a issue with a fuse that keeps blowing. it would pop every now and then. But did a nice burnout with a slight wheel hop and what ever it was is now a grounded short. I replace the fuse and it will blow instantly. The fuse is for instrument panel lights & parking lights. I need a wiring diagram that shows me the fusebox and destination of all wires. Any ideas.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by fan4LS1 View Post
    you know it. already started on that. But need another set of hands to spray hose while i work my way under the dash to find source of leak. Thanks guys for all the good thoughts. I also have a issue with a fuse that keeps blowing. it would pop every now and then. But did a nice burnout with a slight wheel hop and what ever it was is now a grounded short. I replace the fuse and it will blow instantly. The fuse is for instrument panel lights & parking lights. I need a wiring diagram that shows me the fusebox and destination of all wires. Any ideas.
    good place to start is the sockets for these. Fairly common for them to corrode.

As far as the condensation drain I just assumed there was a hose under there. I had the same exact problem you're having with our old GTP and that hose was plugged up....actually, it was plugged up in the firewall area. When it would rain it'd put an inch of water in the passenger floorboard.

White
    2000 Camaro SS slp #4161

If it soaks the floorboard only after it rains, you should look at the grommet that seals the firewall and the evaporator core. When rain runs down the windshield it drains down the corner of the cowl and is directed into the engine compartment. there is a groove it follows from there and water flows between the firewall and the fender wall under the pcm and ac evaporator core. The seal is right by this nwater drain route and the factory did not always line up this gasket perfectly allowing water to come into the cabin. A solution would be to replace this gasket but that is a pain cause yopu have to take apart most of the underside ac works of the dash. A quick fix is run a bead if silicone sealant next to the inside evaporator core where it meets the firewall, you cannot get to it from the engine compartment. Good luck.

Blog Entries

Triple Black
    2002 Ram Air Trans Am

Another fix is if you look under your floor pans you will see a rubber plug, do like I did with my Convertible which had water pooling in the backseat area from plugged drain tubes, I just removed them and left them out that way the trapped water would run out and if any future water got in there it would not pool up.Don't cha just love these leaking f-bodies, they are a Love-Hate Relationship.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

There's no hose behind the PCM along the fire wall, just and area for water to escape.

Just clean out all the debris that gets caught up in there from time to time.

If that does'nt solve the issue then you may need to pull the cawl cover under the wipers and clean out any debris that tends to build up below the corners of the wind shield.

The HVAC blower breaths from the cawl if the cawl rain drains are clogged with debris rain water can build up and enter the blower housing draining onto the floor inside the car.
    Last edited by Smittro; 01-28-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

This is eerie, I have this exact problem and was beginning to search the site and here it is on first page....

Thread Information