05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

weird rattle *vid*

ok this is on my 07 ram with the 5.7...it has about 500 miles on it now. The dealer tried telling me this sound is the exhaust and that it's "normal"

The sound doesn't happen out of gear at all....I can rev it to redline and it sounds great. Once in gear, mainly after first gear it gets pretty bad...it also only does it when slightly on the throttle. If i'm just cruiseing or off the gas completely the sound is gone...weird as shit. I'm thinking it's the tranny

It happens about 8 seconds in....any help would be great

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, that is a weird sound. I would say it sounds like an exhaust shield rattling but it doesn't really sound like that either. It sounded like it started all at once too. It's a little hard to make out on the video though. I would take it to a different dealership and let them test drive it. If they say exhaust tell them you'd like a new exhaust and rule it out that way. I would have someone drive it and ride in the back and see if that helps you pinpoint it anymore. Either way an 07 shouldn't be making those kinds of noises and it's the dealerships problem so I would just keep taking it back until they fix it.

NBM
    99 TA

Definitely get a second opinion! Sounds like shit.
    I would not put up with that in any brand new vehicle!

05 Wrangler

I checked the exhaust this morning and everything looks good...banged the crap out of it, moved a nut retaining clip and adjusted some of the rubber on the hangers. The sound is still there though...POS Mopar.

I'm bringing it in where I bought it Sat. morning and i'm gonna raise hell until they fix this POS. This is what I get for trying something different then GM

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I'm bringing it in where I bought it Sat. morning and i'm gonna raise hell until they fix this POS. This is what I get for trying something different then GM
    Now did we learn our lesson?

did that thing come with the lifetime P/T warranty? I think thats about the only appeal a chrysler product (non SRT) would have on me.

05 Wrangler

Yea it came with the lifetime p/t warranty...and I got it for 16.5 because of the 07 rebates and a decent amount of haggleing. The warranty was one of the swaying factors that got me away from GM for a little while.

They also offered me their "wrap" program which is basically a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty...I didn't even ask how much it was though. Another cool thing about the p/t warranty is that there's no deductable

I do not have a new Dodge, but my 97 rattles and makes noise all the time from the exhaust. My converter came apart internerally and made alot of noise till I could get it into the exhaust shop.

Thread Information