98 Z28 M6

weird radio turning off

I cant remember when it all started. But i took my car to best buy to get a cd player put in. come to find out with the monsoon its not that simple for them to do. so i say ok and they put the stock one back it. then when im putting my LTs and ORY on my friend sets off the alarm and unplugs the bat which cause the radio to lock. i got it unlocked and since those 2 things it will randomly turn off and i cant roll down my windows. ill press unlock and it will turn on and stay on then sometimes it will turn on and off again real quick and will keep doing that. My security light will blink as if the car is not even on. any idea with might be causing this? could it be that best buy didnt put the radio back in right and i should check all the connections? I wasnt sure what section for this to go in. if it needs to be moved to the radio section please move it. Any ideas of what might be causing this would be great it is really starting to piss me off.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

check the fuses

98 Z28 M6

ill do that but if a fuse was out i thought it would cause the radio to not work at all... ill still check it out though. Thanks for the idea and any other input?

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

i remember when i had my alero...i was at the border of mexico...i beeped at this stupid cavalier who never hurried up....n the beeped never stopped...ended up being a stupid fuse....well hehe sorry for the story..but start off little and work your way up to electrical connections touching ground..lil shit like that

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Low battery / Battery going bad has cause me a little problem. Make sure you battery is new / newer and has a strong charge on it. If my car sits for a couple of weeks. I have to drive it for 5-10mins before the dash lights & head lights stops dimming/while hitting the brakes and the radio volume control responds correctly. It's just that the deep charge has gone a little weak for my car and it takes a few minutes at road speed to get everything back to a good state.

98 Z28 M6

Nope not a fuse. Ater looking on ls1tech it seems the BCM needs replaces...

Thread Information