White
    2001 camaro SS

Weird Noise on take off

Okay guys what do you think, I have a 2001 camaro ss A4 44k miles and I drive the car almost everyday. A month back or so I had it down in first and didnt have the music on I pulled out of the gas station and punched it, it hooked up and made this Noice a pretty loud thud in the back. so I tried to pin point the noice by getting on and off of it couldnt quite figure it out. went under the car and all bushing look good the tranny mount bushing is cracked some but didnt look horrible. Im not loosing and performance but I know my car and something just doesnt feel right when leaving from a stop, even when not getting on it, it still feels like something is shifting and I have feel it thur the seat. I can't figure out whats going on.
    2001 Camaro SS, LM 1, BMR LCA, relocation brackets, BMR springs, adj panhard bar, smooth below, lid, sub-frame connectors weld on, strut brace
    2000 WS6, ls6 intake, sub-frame connectors, slp maf, slp cat delete with slp y-pipe, electric cutout, strut brace, smooth below, slp lid, bmr LCA and RLB

Black
    95 Z28 conv

Quote Originally Posted by 01SsRacing View Post
    Okay guys what do you think, I have a 2001 camaro ss A4 44k miles and I drive the car almost everyday. A month back or so I had it down in first and didnt have the music on I pulled out of the gas station and punched it, it hooked up and made this Noice a pretty loud thud in the back. so I tried to pin point the noice by getting on and off of it couldnt quite figure it out. went under the car and all bushing look good the tranny mount bushing is cracked some but didnt look horrible. Im not loosing and performance but I know my car and something just doesnt feel right when leaving from a stop, even when not getting on it, it still feels like something is shifting and I have feel it thur the seat. I can't figure out whats going on.
    I noticed the same thing on my 95 Z M6 73k, it just started it a few days ago. Doesn't matter if its fast or slow take offs its random for mine. I did a quick look over and couldn't fine anything.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

If the tranny mount is cracked, I'd start with replacing that.

White
    2001 camaro SS

Thats where im going to start the mount, but I just dont see how that one thing could be causing what im hearing/feeling being that its not cracked real bad but all the same it does have to have a big grunt so we shall see if that fixes the problem.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Did you check the U-Joints.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

White
    2001 camaro SS

No I want to get the car on a life and have it get a good once over on the underside just havent go to a shop to have it done.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

In addition check the torque arm bushing that is connected to the tail cone of the tranny. If it is worn or the bolt is loose it will move and make all kinds of noise.

My vote is the same as Walt.

Might be a good time to invest in a complete poly bushing kit.

Thread Information