Thread: weird noise

Mexican-American Muscle

weird noise

i have a 2002 ws6, and recently i have been noticing that it makes a weird vacuming noise when i accelerate or rev, and it just gets worse the higher the rpm is, also when i do a sharp turn i also hear a high pitch whine and it sounds rough to turn the wheel, its at 83k, anybody have any suggestions on what to do? any help would be appreciated.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

maybe power steering pump, check the fluid

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    maybe power steering pump, check the fluid
    i just checked it, its full but it is quite bubbly, i am not completely sure if that's normal or not.

black
    2002 WS6

no, bubbles or not normal, you are sucking in air into the system some where. Have a look for any major seeping or drips.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

yeah my wifes trailblazer has the same whine (practically just bought the damn thing) and when i took it to the shop thats what they said it was. the weird thing is it's not losing fluid kind of like your situation.

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

When I had my truck with the ls motor in it, it whined like hell... I just put some of that lucas oil stuff for power steering in, and within a week it quit until my truck got totaled. If its not leaking bad or anything, just give that a shot

01 ta red
    95 mustangV6

did you change the stereo recently?

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by scotthd View Post
    did you change the stereo recently?
    The stereo whine is just alternator noise... Its alot higher pitch than the power steering pump. Just as annoying though

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by hec33 View Post
    The stereo whine is just alternator noise... Its alot higher pitch than the power steering pump. Just as annoying though
    are you talking about the same lucas shit you put in your motor?

Mexican-American Muscle
    well i tried some of that lucas stuff in there it calmed it down but as i rev higher you can still hear it, and when on the freeway i just usually cruise at 70 but when i accelerate you can hear the sound again but it sounds like a vacuum, i took it to a shop and they couldnt figure out what it was, all i thought was wtf?! so i still have the same problem

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    are you talking about the same lucas shit you put in your motor?
    Same company, but they make all different kinds of fluids... It is specifically for power steering. I jacked some from work one day and cleared it right up. It was pretty loud at the time too

Pewter
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    well i tried some of that lucas stuff in there it calmed it down but as i rev higher you can still hear it, and when on the freeway i just usually cruise at 70 but when i accelerate you can hear the sound again but it sounds like a vacuum, i took it to a shop and they couldnt figure out what it was, all i thought was wtf?! so i still have the same problem
    Man, I dunno... If you think its a vacuum leak, just take a quick look at some of the hoses and see if they are dry rotted. If they are, might as well change them. If the power steering stuff made it quiet down some, then that might have been the problem. I really don't know without hearing it myself. Soon enough it will go out though, and you'll know what it is ha (Always how I figure that shit out)

Mexican-American Muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by hec33 View Post
    Man, I dunno... If you think its a vacuum leak, just take a quick look at some of the hoses and see if they are dry rotted. If they are, might as well change them. If the power steering stuff made it quiet down some, then that might have been the problem. I really don't know without hearing it myself. Soon enough it will go out though, and you'll know what it is ha (Always how I figure that shit out)
    hahaha seriously, thats a great way to find out, my brakes are starting to shake at highway speeds too, warped rotors..........so i guess we'll find out what it is but i will just check the hoses, how much is it to switch them out?.........well for now my car is still driving fine, last night i had the pleasure of shutting up some guy in a charger thinking he was god so i showed him who runs this city it was some punk kid who just had like a base model with rims so that was fun

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 02blackbirdws6 View Post
    hahaha seriously, thats a great way to find out, my brakes are starting to shake at highway speeds too, warped rotors..........so i guess we'll find out what it is but i will just check the hoses, how much is it to switch them out?.........well for now my car is still driving fine, last night i had the pleasure of shutting up some guy in a charger thinking he was god so i showed him who runs this city it was some punk kid who just had like a base model with rims so that was fun
    nice kill. are you stock?

Thread Information