Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

weatherstripping

where do you guys get new weatherstripping for your 4th gens at? i'm assuming the dealership...but are there any companies out there that make good quality stuff at a lower price?

on my '99 i'm needing new weatherstripping around the windows and across the top of the t-top where the window comes up. so basically i need from the mirror up the a-pillar, and then the t-top piece, and then the piece from the b-pillar down the sail panel.

the other issue that i have is that on my driver side the window strip that clips on the top of the door panel and hugs the driver window comes loose all the time...pops up. it's a real pain in the ass and i'm not sure what causes it to do this or how to fix it. i'm assuming that i need some new clips or something in there.

so...i ask you. where do you go for your weatherstripping needs and what piece do i need to fix my driver window?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

$100 for a used driver door strip seems a bit much.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

OP I might be able to help you on one those trim pieces. I'll take a pic when I get home and PM it to you and see if it is what you need. I order it but it was the incorrect one.

I'll tell you that if you are looking for the one on the bottom side of the doors good f'ing luck. Even the dealer screwed that order up. I can't find a part number for it. I'm going to get a pic and email it to gmpartsdirect and see if they have any luck
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 09-17-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

stopped by the dealership today and found out the info.

here are the part numbers for the t-top cars...

driver side door weatherstripping - 10336549
    passenger side door weatherstripping - 10336550

driver side t-top weatherstripping - 10315545
    passenger side t-top weatherstripping - 10315544

driver side window sealing trim (clips part of assembly) - 10284223
    passenger side window sealing trim (clips part of assembly) - 10284222

and i was just doing a quick search by part number for the prices and gmpartsdirect.com has great prices as usual. didn't get a printout on the prices from the dealer.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    OP I might be able to help you on one those trim pieces. I'll take a pic when I get home and PM it to you and see if it is what you need. I order it but it was the incorrect one.

I'll tell you that if you are looking for the one on the bottom side of the doors good f'ing luck. Even the dealer screwed that order up. I can't find a part number for it. I'm going to get a pic and email it to gmpartsdirect and see if they have any luck
    i believe you may be looking for the following...

sealing strip - 10247013

from the diagram i got from the dealer it loos to be a piece of sealing strip that goes on the bottom of the door skin and fits either side. the gmpartsdirect.com price was under $20.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    sealing strip - 10247013
    Sorry man I got this one. Now I need to look again and make sure it works.

Again sorry it took so long, I've been replacing a head gasket on my nieces cavalier

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

no worries man. i forgot to check out some other parts while i was down there last so i'll be headin back down there. from the diagram that is the only part number for a sealing strip for the bottom edge of the door panel.

Navy Blue Metallic

I'm looking at the piece and it doesn't seem right. When I pulled the old one off it had like a T in several places that pushed up into the door panel. This one looks like it just sticks on.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

maybe a different design of the same piece? or maybe you have to put clips in it to hold it in...not sure. i know that it didn't say anything about clips as part of the assembly though. might just have to rape a decent one off a donor car. or see what a body shop would have to say about it.

Navy Blue Metallic

I'll look this weekend.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

the weatherstrpping for 4th generations are about 350 to 400 per door brand new from a site that I looked (i had to get the link for you). They are not cheap. If you are having water leak issues where the t top weatherstrip meets with the door weatherstrip, the cheapest thing you can do to fix it is get some black silicone lift the t top and put a small bead of silicone on both sides and close the t top. With your finger smear the excess off to make it look nice. Let it dry with the windows down. Of course you won't be able to use the t tops unless you break the silicone seal but I don't take them of anyway.

This fixed my water leak issue and I spend like 12 dollars.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    the weatherstrpping for 4th generations are about 350 to 400 per door brand new from a site that I looked (i had to get the link for you). They are not cheap. If you are having water leak issues where the t top weatherstrip meets with the door weatherstrip, the cheapest thing you can do to fix it is get some black silicone lift the t top and put a small bead of silicone on both sides and close the t top. With your finger smear the excess off to make it look nice. Let it dry with the windows down. Of course you won't be able to use the t tops unless you break the silicone seal but I don't take them of anyway.

This fixed my water leak issue and I spend like 12 dollars.
    ehhh...errr...yeah...i thought about silicone and then...yeah...i like to take the t-tops off for car cruises, car shows, and just for the hell of it...so...yeah...not really the avenue i was looking for

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

I understand that. I ended up buying my weatherstrip after a while but its going to cost you. You can always find some good used weatherstripping in really good shape and save some money. I got mine front a a guy that was parting out one and I payed 20 dollars for both sides without the t top piece. Here is the link of the site that I had found to be the cheapest brand new weatherstrpping. Im not sure if its GM part.

http://www.youngsfbody.com/9302weatherstripping
    Last edited by JayTA98; 09-23-2010 at 04:15 AM.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

gm parts directs is showing the door weatherstripping for about $200 per side using part number 10336549

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

worth noting ..if it is the passager side that is leaking by the t top..and your window is raising and rolling down slow...it will more than likely only need the autotrix fix to seal better

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    worth noting ..if it is the passager side that is leaking by the t top..and your window is raising and rolling down slow...it will more than likely only need the autotrix fix to seal better
    it's both sides that leak. the driver side has a new window motor and works just fine. the pass side is a little slower but overall is perfectly fine.

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

you can also adjust your window angle or take it to a glass window shop for it. I had a air leak between the weatherstripping and the window and it fix the water leak and air leak.

Navy Blue Metallic

OP,

I feel like a moron. I finally got some time to look at the weather stripping for the door. It has a sticky side that is pretty strong that negates those T inserts that was part of the original stripping.Just peel and stick. I've had this for 2 months and haven't tried putting it on because I thought it was the wrong part. it's on now.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    OP,

I feel like a moron. I finally got some time to look at the weather stripping for the door. It has a sticky side that is pretty strong that negates those T inserts that was part of the original stripping.Just peel and stick. I've had this for 2 months and haven't tried putting it on because I thought it was the wrong part. it's on now.
    hahahahaha...marvelous

Thread Information