wat has to be done to swap my ls1 to ls2

i have a 2000 ss camaro and i either want to do a ls2 or a lq9 twin turbo and im trying to find a thread or some intructions on what i have to change to make it work. im gonna use my heads intake thanks

just looking for what i have to change for the block not the turbos have that i just want to put the ls2 in it

White
    98 Trans AM

Well for one and I know you said don't worry about the turbo side but if you are going that route there are other considerations with this. IE, K-member that will work with the different turbo exhaust setup. Also, the heads if you are NA right now are probably not the best for a forced induction based car as the compression will be to high and risk detonation. Again, that can be determined by how far you go with boost.

Actually you may just want to move this to the Forced Induction area of this forum.

Within reason though I think the block using your old stuff should go right in. I know others will have a ton more on this though!
    98 T/A: HPE 5.3 Heads, 238/242 113 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 stepped LT headers, Custom Y pipe, Cut out, Borla, NW 90MM TB, FAST 90MM Intake, TB Bypass, Under Drive Power steering and Crank, 150 Dry NOS, Yella Terra rockers, 3400 TC, HPE tuning,

i know about the k member im just trying to find out what it takes to change the block out ive heard somthing about the relucter wheel or somthing and some of the plugs on my wiring harness. if so where do i get the plugs? do they make a kit or somthing?

Thread Information