Question Warranty extended /

Hi all I have a 2002 with 25000 miles on her new WOW great car i love it WS6package and all the toys I am looking and wondering what is the best place to buy a bumper to bumper Warranty for her to keep her looking and running like new thanks for your help everyone

white
    2002 z28

when i bought my car used in 06 i bought a ext warrenty. for 750$. i think the only time you can buy a warrenty is at time of sale, but could be wrong

white
    2002 z28

and i bought from chysler. and have a chryler warrnety, LOL , but they have the best IMO, and GM wont ask any questions due to another company

hey there no you can buy a warranty from other companys the are two i am looking at right now http://aaautowarranty.com/ and the other is smartautowarranty.com i was looking for something like bumper to bumper the best they have to offer is 4 yrs or 75000 for 1850.00 with a 50 every time you bring it in for service the other was 5 yr 100000 miles at 100 every time you bring it in for service that one cost 2200.00 right now my car has 25000 so it will only be covered for 50 thousand miles in four yrs I dont plane on using the car all the time but it is a lot better then my truck lol

white
    2002 z28

seems about right for the price, mines 750 for 2years 30K, but i would honestly ask around on those 2. not sayying its bad, but i heard some 3rd partys can screw with people. but sounds like a great deal

lol that is why i posted the question here every one her is always a great help no matter what the problem or question is

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

I was looking into the same thing after some expensive repairs..(auto trans. rebuild included...). all the advice and actual experience stories I got were negative. A friend of mine, for example, had a 3rd party warranty on her used Honda Accord 4 door with 60,xxx miles and her transmission went. Obviously, not an abused car. Of coarse, the trans. had to be tore down to see what had caused the problem and would have to be rebuilt afterwards. The warranty folks told her she would have to be responsible for all the costs up front until they knew the cause of the failure. So, she had to agree to pay the $2,000 or so without knowing whether or not the warranty would cover it. My garage that I used also adviced against it, telling me stories about some of the experiences other of their customers had had with them; saying that the warranty companies were very good at getting out of repairs. I got other stories similar to this with other things, including partial engine tear downs and decided against it. Why spend that kind of money with no guarantee that it will be fulfilled? Save your money and fix the car when it breaks is my advice.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

well as a technician at a dealership I deal with a lot of different extended warranty companies. the best one I have dealt with is the GMPP warranty. They always use new GM parts and are never stingy on additional hardware. it is very very rare for GMPP to reject a warranty claim. 3rd party extended warranty companies always take forever to send an inspector and will use junkyard parts. Not all of them are like this but a majority of them are. I would also definately go with zero deductable so u dont have to pay every time u wanna get something fixed.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

We about broke even with the last extended waranty we bought, so we haven't been buying them. They make thier money by dreaming up new ways of NOT paying out.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    well as a technician at a dealership I deal with a lot of different extended warranty companies. the best one I have dealt with is the GMPP warranty. They always use new GM parts and are never stingy on additional hardware. it is very very rare for GMPP to reject a warranty claim. 3rd party extended warranty companies always take forever to send an inspector and will use junkyard parts. Not all of them are like this but a majority of them are. I would also definately go with zero deductable so u dont have to pay every time u wanna get something fixed.
    i have a 100$ for first/only deductobol. i bought from a chrysler used lot, (chrysler ext warr.), and is it true when taking to a GM dealer that they will not hassel you bc they will just be charging the competetion.

shoot i even accidently took my car there for 02's with drag racing #'s on both windows and had no problem ??

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    i have a 100$ for first/only deductobol. i bought from a chrysler used lot, and is it true when taking to a GM dealer that they will not hassel you bc they will just be charging the competetion.

shoot i even accidently to my car there for 02's with drag racing #'s on both windows and had no problem ??

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    We about broke even with the last extended waranty we bought, so we haven't been buying them. They make thier money by dreaming up new ways of NOT paying out.
    +1 - I have come to hate warantee companies as well. It used to be very different years ago. NOW.... Don't do it !!!

ERROR! You have indicated that your vehicle is not currently covered by the original factory warranty. GMPP coverage is available only for vehicles with remaining original factory warranty coverage. If your vehicle is currently covered by the original factory warranty, please indicate so below.

so far i have prizem warranty they are also known as National warranty of florida so if any one ever herd of them please let me know once i get the book in the mail i have 60 days to cancle to get a full refund when something goes wrong i dont really want to find 500 or 800 to repair something with this company i can pay it out over 18 months

Thread Information