Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Warning for K&N filter users in drought regions!!!

This is a discussion on Warning for K&N filter users in drought regions!!! within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ...

  1. #21
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    You could always support your LS1.com site sponsor who is an authorized Amsoil dealer- Competition Synthetics

    AMSOIL now offers universal air induction filters (EaAU) designed to replace stock oil wetted gauze or foam conical filters that were supplied with custom induction systems. AMSOIL Ea Air Induction Filters offer better efficiency, excellent airflow and are cleanable.

    Amsoil Ea Air Induction Filters (EaAU) link

    And become an Amsoil Preferred Customer today and save 20 to 25% on your new Amsoil Ea Air Induction Filter AND everything else Amsoil sells.

    LS1.com Amsoil Preferred Customer link

    CompSyn
    An offer I don't think I can refuse!!! Good stuff.

  2. #22
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    I've been having some e-mail correspondence with Comp Syn. I'm impressed with their filtration design and I'm gonna place an order soon. Even more impressive is their staff. It's so satisfying to discuss these matters with a competent person who knows the products they sell!!

    One of the items I'm going to purchase is their air filter that fits the OEM airbox of our LS1's. Being I have a SLP lid and a functional SS "ram-air" hood, I feel going the tubing and conical filter route won't really be as beneficial for me. It appears that the OEM airbox replacement filter that Amsoil offers will flow better than the K&N does. I'm willing to put it to the test!

  3. #23
    suckme sideways andrew69_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nebraska
    Age
    32
    Posts
    313

    black w/ ghost stripes
    02 ws6

    EAA83 is the amsoil part number for the filter that fits the stock F-body intake, just so people dont have to look it up.

  4. #24
    Junior Member hardball75006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    12

    Spice Red Matalic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I like my K&N but will be switching over to Amsoil here soon. My K&N just gets too damn expensive with the cleaner and oil. I seriously have to clean my filter every 5,000 or so miles. It gets fucking dirty.

    From the K&N web site:


    "If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.
    ."

    If your cleaning yours every 5000 miles, your wasting the cleaner and oil.
    Last edited by hardball75006; 09-04-2008 at 05:36 AM.

  5. #25
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by hardball75006 View Post
    From the K&N web site:


    "If you have not experienced a decrease in mileage or engine performance, chances are your filter is fine and does not yet need cleaning. To be more specific, the filter does not require cleaning if you can still see the wire screen on the entire air filter regardless of how dirty it may appear. When the screen is no longer visible some place on the filter, it is time to clean it. When used in normal paved road, street or highway conditions, our replacement air filters that fit in the factory air box should require cleaning every 50,000 miles and our large conical filters on an intake system should require cleaning every 100,000 miles. When used in dusty or off-road environments, our filters will require cleaning more often. We recommend that you visually inspect your filter once every 25,000 miles to determine if the screen is still visible.
    ."

    If your cleaning yours every 5000 miles, your wasting the cleaner and oil.

    I'm very sparing with the oil and I cannot imagine the filter going 25,000 - much less 50,000 - miles between cleanings. I've had K&N's (some were FIPK) on around five vehicles now, and I find that the LS1 airbox setup seems to get dirtier quicker than any of them. Maybe the functional SS hood really does have more forced air to the airbox than I originally thought! When I cleaned it recently, it looked like it had dried cocoa powder a 1/16" thick on the pleats all the way to the screen. I know that oil is going to attract more dirt, but less than 5000 miles did that. That's half the mileage that I usually have when I normally clean them as preventive maintenance (meaning they weren't THAT dirty then).

    The video on the Amsoil media component they use for their filters is very compelling information. Worth a look. I also like the fact they don't badmouth the K&N, they just compete with it. I like that attitude!
    Last edited by jad628; 09-04-2008 at 06:08 AM.

  6. #26
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew69_04 View Post
    EAA83 is the amsoil part number for the filter that fits the stock F-body intake, just so people dont have to look it up.

    Yep, that's the one!!!

    Oil filter is EAO32.

  7. #27

    Smile Amsoil Videos...

    jad628,

    Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate that and am pleased that the information I sent you was helpful.

    Also, there are five short video clips from Amsoil about Ea Air filters. These are the videos that jad628 is referring to:

    Amsoil Absolute Efficentcy Air Filter Video link

    Enjoy,

    CompSyn

  8. #28
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by CompSyn View Post
    jad628,

    Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate that and am pleased that the information I sent you was helpful.

    Also, there are five short video clips from Amsoil about Ea Air filters. These are the videos that jad628 is referring to:

    Amsoil Absolute Efficentcy Air Filter Video link

    Enjoy,

    CompSyn
    I thank you for the great info. The video was convincing too. I just placed the order, and I'm looking forward to trying Amsoil products!

  9. #29
    We'll be back... GatorSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE SWAMP
    Posts
    1,446

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    No beat downs buddy
    Just the AEM and Amsoil filters flow better and have better filtration....fit your existing CAI setup....and no damn oiling.....all for less than a KN filter...so how can you lose? You cannot.
    That darn oiling got to be a real PITA. Can't believe I did it for so many years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Daily water allocation could be the next California drought
    By theorangeguy in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2014, 01:59 PM
  2. Europe section addition to regions
    By MachWon in forum Request and Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2009, 02:39 AM
  3. Tampa Bay Bucs end 32 season drought
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 10:56 PM
  4. Warming Report to Warn of Coming Drought
    By my5thNewUsernameHere in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 09:32 PM
  5. K&N air filter, loose piece of wire found WARNING
    By SV8 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 05:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •