green.
    1972 camaro

want to do engine swap any advice.

i have a 1972 camaro with a base 307 (original) engine. Car is all original (ie tranny etc.) i want to put a ls1 into it. any advice, and or tips to things i will need to complete the swap, ie new cross members/ engine mounts, tranny plates and any other misc. things. i want to go fuel injected, need advice on intake, and i eventually want to do heads, cams, port and polish, pistons etc. (pretty much upgrade all stock internal parts to better prefoming ones) to go n/a as far as i could, to get the most raw power before i go forced inducted (if at all) thanks, i am fully aware that it will be timely and cost consuming.

91 camaro blue
    1971 Camaro

Quite a few copmanies make motor mounts for the conversion. I know Mast makes just about everything you need. I have a 71 Camaro and I a loking to do the same thing but I have not norrawed down my exact engine. I know if you want to run a LS1 the AC compressor will not work unless you notch the frame. Concept One and March pulley make kits for this but they cost major money. Oil pan and headers can be an issue but easily solved. I believe a donor car is the way to go depending on your transmission selection. If you are going with a manual (like I want) buying a separate tranny get expensive. If you get a separate ECM be careful you get the correct reluctor wheel computer for you engine. I know with the iron blocks and newer engine some have 24x and some are 58x. I read the switch was not clean and if you get the wrong one it will not work. I would also suggest LS1truck.com they have a step by step instruction thread for the swap. It is for trucks but the majority of the info is useful. Good luck!

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Now that I see this thread bout engine swap.
    I seen an 84 corvette with a blown head gasket the guy was askin 300 dollars good condition exterior and interior. I had a planed to put a ls1 motor with manual trans mission. But I never found no one to do the swap for me
    I didn't knw what I needed or if It was gonna fit in the car

Thread Information