Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Walbro fuel pump

This is a discussion on Walbro fuel pump within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I'm looking at other places for pictures and reference, and the more I see the more I think that maybe ...

I'm looking at other places for pictures and reference, and the more I see the more I think that maybe Orion is right,,,,someone has their wires crossed at Texas Speed.

I've looked at more of the "supposed" 99 and up Racetronix pumps from places like Thunder Racing for instance. There 99 and up Racetronix pump is the 255 LPH 600HP pump (just like I have coming from Texas Speed) but the picture on Thunder Racings site clearly shows the 1/8" nipple for the feeder valve to fill the bucket,,,,where as their 98 only pump does not.

So I have my fingers crossed that the 99 and up pump I ordered from Texas Speed will have the nipple and I've just been misinformed.

I'll be waiting for UPS like a hound dog tomorrow.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Here is the pump I bought.

It's on jackstands.

And I see it has the little brass nipple for the feeder hose. Is this the 255 LPH pump or the stock racetronix replacement?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Here are the part numbers:

Racetronix Fuel Pump - # F99-FPA
    Wiring Harness for fuel pump - # 99-FPWH

Well would you look at this.....

Here is the Racetronix 255 LPH good for 600 hp and the darn thing has the brass nipple for the feeder hose....this is for the 99 and up cars, and not the special stock replacement pump that I was told I had to get.

Orion, you were right as usual bud. I don't know why Texas Speed was telling me this pump wouldn't have it.
    I gotta hand it to them though, I called them back about 4:30ish and UPS was already there picking up the days orders. He rushed it out to the truck for a next day Saturday delivery and sent me a tracking number asap. Last night at 9:30 it was getting on a plane in Texas and it was at my door here in AZ before noon. Now that's service!!!

This pump should do the job and support all the power I'm going to throw at it.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Bought the same kit with the harness. Install was pretty smooth

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Yup FBJ I've used that kit 2 times now and the pumps have been good. Just be careful clamping the plastic lines down they can only be clamped once so if you develop a leak like I did you have to get a new hose lol. And fwiiww maybe I missed it but what walboro pump did you get because racetronix uses a walboro pump they just add their sleep and a couple other small things to it.

It's a 255 lph.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

glad you got it figured out Larry.....that accordion style hose has been known to crack and split anyhow. If you wanted to replace it you can get SAE 30R10 rated hose at NAPA. R10 is rated as a submersible hose and won't rot out like R9.

Thanks Orion. I've got some R10 left here from recently finishing up an in tank 340 walbro on the blazer.

Works like a champ. Darn thing is so quiet I didn't even think it was working at first.

Has 4 more lbs. of fuel pressure than it used to. I think the original pump was getting a bit tired which was the reason for the change. It held 55-56 most of the time, and never had more than 58.

New pump has a rock steady 60 lbs so it's making that regulator work.
    Smittro likes this.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Yeah mine also runs right around 60-61 usually, but does go as low as 58psi. That's assuming my fuel pressure gauge is correct.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Works like a champ. Darn thing is so quiet I didn't even think it was working at first.

Has 4 more lbs. of fuel pressure than it used to. I think the original pump was getting a bit tired which was the reason for the change. It held 55-56 most of the time, and never had more than 58.

New pump has a rock steady 60 lbs so it's making that regulator work.
    you can either buy or build a hotwire kit for it that'll pull power straight off the alternator if you decide to mod the car very much. It'll give you a constant 14v to the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you can either buy or build a hotwire kit for it that'll pull power straight off the alternator if you decide to mod the car very much. It'll give you a constant 14v to the pump.
    Yeah, I'll probably look into that when I swap the crate engine in there. I'll hit you up when I get ready. I just got the new rearend and exhaust done and took it for a spin today. I want to tackle the front half now but I've got customer work to do for a few weeks. At least it moves again under it's own power so I can get the darn thing out of my way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information