Results 1 to 20 of 20

video- funny noise under the hood

This is a discussion on video- funny noise under the hood within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IwTfDPDRFc[/ame] sorry the video is sideways, recorded on my iphone and the results are!!!! p0137 02 sensor circuit low volts ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    video- funny noise under the hood

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IwTfDPDRFc[/ame]
    sorry the video is sideways, recorded on my iphone


    and the results are!!!!
    p0137
    02 sensor
    circuit low volts
    (bank 1 sensor 2)

    p0161
    02 sensor heater
    circuit malfunction
    (bank 2 sensor 2)

    p0430
    catalytic efficiency
    below threshold
    (bank 2)
    Last edited by sweet_revenge; 03-26-2010 at 09:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,519

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Looks like a flowmaster catback. You could take it to a shop and they can trim the I-pipe or whatever it needs to tuck the tips back under it better.
    If it's not something physically blocking the window then it's most likely your window motor getting ready to take a dump on you. Autotrix sells a module for that side that would most likely help you or at least buy you some more time on that motor.
    The first 2 codes are for rear sensors and are no big deal. The 3rd code is a bad cat on the passenger side. You have a few options there but we'll save that for another post.
    I don't really hear any obviously unusual noise in the video but I do think I'm hearing an exhaust leak.
    At the beginning it looks like you're describing a miss. How long since the plugs and wires were done? Might just be due up for a tune up.

  3. #3
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    wow...you ARE from kentucky.

    personally, i didnt hear anything....right there at the end i heard something like an exhaust leak.

    But please deal with that squeaky door...i cant stand that.


    mine was wrecked too and my paint is also chipped around the handle...i think that just happens, all i can suggest doing with that is popping the door panel off and see whats going on, on the inside

  4. #4
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    agreed with the exhaust leak.....i didnt hear anything that sounded like a tick or anything coming from the motor.....

  5. #5
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Well that makes me feel a lot better that it's an exhausteK. Squeaky door I have put wd40 on a billion times. Keeps squeaking. The cat is now being removed and I am sending my computer to tuned by frost to have it retuned and the o2 sensors tuned out (I guess) lol and the passenger side window catches on the top of the door and won't roll up. But goes up just fine with the door open. I will have the exhaust shop tuck the tips in. I personally think they stick out too far. And what I was describing in the beginning is when my car is idling or in gear stopped at a red light or drivethru it shakes pretty rough. Didn't know if my o2 sensors could be causing that. Oh and complete tune up plugs, plug wires, all fluids, maf and crank sensor all replaced appx 6 mo ago and another oil change done 4000 miles ago. I change oil regularly. But the plugs are such a bitch. When I bought the car it had 132000 miles and original plugs and plug wires :-( !!!!!!! Even though I am a girl I can still change my own spark plugs and oil lmao


    And what gave it away that I really am from kentucky lmao
    Last edited by sweet_revenge; 03-27-2010 at 11:46 AM.

  6. #6
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    yeah those tips stick out way too far..

    as far as the shaking goes....im sure bad plugs or bad O2's can make it shake, but im betting if its that bad, then you motor mounts are also shot, making it worse.

    on the window, what i was saying is that the problem prob lies in the door, but its catching up top, bad guides or whatever...the window it tilting back when its going up

  7. #7
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    yeah those tips stick out way too far..

    as far as the shaking goes....im sure bad plugs or bad O2's can make it shake, but im betting if its that bad, then you motor mounts are also shot, making it worse.

    on the window, what i was saying is that the problem prob lies in the door, but its catching up top, bad guides or whatever...the window it tilting back when its going up
    well if the tuning by frost and tune up on my end doesn't significantly change it how do I check the motor mounts? Lol

  8. #8
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    if the car had 132k on it when you bought it and those are the original motor mounts.....they need changing

  9. #9
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    if the car had 132k on it when you bought it and those are the original motor mounts.....they need changing
    Don't know if any work was ever done to the car. It now has 144,000+ miles on it. Been wrecked and dogged out. Paid over 13,000 for this car lmao. I'll change motor mounts this weekend

  10. #10
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    for 13k.....im not even guna say it haha

  11. #11
    Auto Painter RyanJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,002

    White
    1998 Trans Am

    As far as the passenger window goes i think it's the motor just getting old. I have a 98 TA that hase never been wrecked. My passenger winow just started doing the same a few months ago. It will it up it stops and you think it's closed til your hear the wind when you drive then if I hit it again it rolls the rest of the way.
    It does sound like an exhaust leak at the end because tht's almost what mine sounded like when I had an exhaust leak.
    If they have no emmisions inspections in KY just get rid of the cats all toghter. You can pick up some nice long tubes and a ory for some cheap money. Just make sure you use new gaskets, traded some paint work on my friends musang and he gave me some Headers and istalled them but reused the gaskets and a week later it sounded like your car.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

  12. #12
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Called about prices for pipes. Waiting to see what yet say. This doesn't apply to this topic but someone just offered me some 16" drag radials for my car. Don't have to pay for em. Any opinions?

  13. #13
    Moderator Cutlass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    6,996

    1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    Called about prices for pipes. Waiting to see what yet say. This doesn't apply to this topic but someone just offered me some 16" drag radials for my car. Don't have to pay for em. Any opinions?
    take them

  14. #14
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    wow...you ARE from kentucky.

    personally, i didnt hear anything....right there at the end i heard something like an exhaust leak.

    But please deal with that squeaky door...i cant stand that.
    Ha ha fixed the squeaky door! Going tomorrow bright and early to get the cats taken off and pipes tucked in a lil bit, then to the garage for replace rotors and check motor mounts, then to owensboro for dyno tuning! Super excited to finally have a car that may just come close to running right!!! Thanks for all the help! Will post a new video tomorrow!

  15. #15
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    for 13k.....im not even guna say it haha
    yea ha ha is right, still owe almost 8 on it

  16. #16
    NY Representative basballny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NeW YoRk
    Posts
    3,393

    Red
    2001 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    yea ha ha is right, still owe almost 8 on it
    ouch......

  17. #17
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    I didn't see it on your list, but if you haven't yet, replace the fuel filter. Easy five min job and may alleviate some problems.

    Hopefully the bad cats are your problem.

  18. #18
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    10,505

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    Well that makes me feel a lot better that it's an exhausteK. Squeaky door I have put wd40 on a billion times. Keeps squeaking. The cat is now being removed and I am sending my computer to tuned by frost to have it retuned and the o2 sensors tuned out (I guess) lol and the passenger side window catches on the top of the door and won't roll up. But goes up just fine with the door open. I will have the exhaust shop tuck the tips in. I personally think they stick out too far. And what I was describing in the beginning is when my car is idling or in gear stopped at a red light or drivethru it shakes pretty rough. Didn't know if my o2 sensors could be causing that. Oh and complete tune up plugs, plug wires, all fluids, maf and crank sensor all replaced appx 6 mo ago and another oil change done 4000 miles ago. I change oil regularly. But the plugs are such a bitch. When I bought the car it had 132000 miles and original plugs and plug wires :-( !!!!!!! Even though I am a girl I can still change my own spark plugs and oil lmao

    And what gave it away that I really am from kentucky lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    Ha ha fixed the squeaky door! Going tomorrow bright and early to get the cats taken off and pipes tucked in a lil bit, then to the garage for replace rotors and check motor mounts, then to owensboro for dyno tuning! Super excited to finally have a car that may just come close to running right!!! Thanks for all the help! Will post a new video tomorrow!
    I agree with the others sounds like a gasket leak. I might have missed something but if your getting your PCM tuned by Frost why are you going to have it re-tune again by someone else?

    Many have said it but do change your passenger window motor and get the fix from autotrix (sponsor). Reason being it's one of GM's massive fails. GM ran the power wire for both doors through the drivers side then around to the passenger side, thus under powering the passenger motor leading it to premature failure.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_revenge View Post
    Called about prices for pipes. Waiting to see what yet say. This doesn't apply to this topic but someone just offered me some 16" drag radials for my car. Don't have to pay for em. Any opinions?
    Tires only, no wheels? If so take em' and run.


    It's mighty cool to have more women getting into F-bodys and not just as passengers or as eye candy. You have a lot of work ahead of you, but you'll have fun doing it.

    I might also suggest if you haven't already done so, change the following:

    Drain and flush coolant.
    Change rear end, transmission, break fluids. All have probably have not been changed.
    Fuel and air filters

    I didn't say oil because I saw you say you have changed it in the last 6 months. However, I'd look into Amsoil or Mobile 1 synthetic oils.

    It just makes good sense to start fresh with fluids when you have no idea what the previous owner really did.

    Again welcome to the site and club.

    Next Mods......

  19. #19
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    Got the exhaust leaks fixed. Got a new noice ahhhhhhh!!!!! I think it's a lifter peckin. Can't do tuned by frost sold my truck and can not go without my car cause of work. Replaced front rotors as brake pads. Car still shudders when I hit the brakes so I'll be changing the back ones this weekend.

  20. #20
    Junior Member sweet_revenge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Posts
    34

    Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

    As far as the window goes took it to a body shop. It's out of line from where it had been wrecked and whenit rolls up it's actually hitting the inside of the lining. That's why I have to open the door or push on it to get it to roll up :-( also it's gonna cost a pretty penny to fix my paint :-( not happy about that. And yes it's just 16" drag radials. A friend has them and never uses them so he gave them to me. Can I use those as daily drivers? And what's the big deal about em?

    I love my car and I love to learn. My car will eventually be eye candy bit I enjoy working on motors. Even wheni have my chevy silverado I worked on it and even changed a tranny and motor or two. But the camaro is newer and computer stuff baffles me. I miss my truck. It seemed so much simpler lol but I'm learning thanks to you guys! At work now. Will have a video up as soon as I can.

    Last but not least my car is monterray maroon with the black and light brown/beige interior. When I repaint I have concidered painting it black. But was told not to because the maroon was rare.... Any feedback?

    Ps. I hate the beige interior!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. best funny video ever....
    By Aetos in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 11:38 PM
  2. HELP:funny noise from exhaust before warm up
    By DOCJHH45 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 01:44 PM
  3. funny video!
    By bmyers in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
  4. funny video
    By 1fastcamarosss11 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 09:05 AM
  5. Funny noise after tranny install
    By Tobynine9 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 06:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •