Vibration & Banging need advice

This is a discussion on Vibration & Banging need advice within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I just got my car back almost 2 weeks ago and I have been driving real easy until the new ...

Black
    1998 Formula WS.6

Question Vibration & Banging need advice

I just got my car back almost 2 weeks ago and I have been driving real easy until the new parts are broke in. Anyway I decide to give her a little more gas on the 1st to 2nd shift and I let out the clutch and then all the sudden I hear and banging from underneath the console area.

I take her back to the body shop and they check everything they pulled out the trans X member a litt was bent. They took off just to check if it were the problem some metal sheild under the exhaust. Nothing worked.

So they start check up by the area where the pedals are since I now have a little area in front of the dead petal where the floor pan goes in and out, like a soda can. They grap ahold of the exhaust/Y-Pipe and move it around and notice the engine moving I need new Motor Mounts and Transmission Mounts.

I am just curious if anyone else had this problem? I just had her in the body shop a few weeks ago getting a new Cross Member put on you would think they could have noticed any bad mounts since I was told that they were good?

I have to order the new mounts from Thunder on monday going to get the Prothane ones since I really like their bushings and endlinks. I am going to have the shop install the mounts, I would just like to know how many hours should I epects for them to change my Motor and Trans mounts? I think it should be pro-bono since I just had them take the whole damn thing apart and could have saved whatever the labor cost will be.

Thanks for any help
    Eddie

98 Ws6

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Banging from the y-pipe is a common problem from aftermarket Y's....mine bangs also so I ordered the bump stop from thunder. Do you have the stock y-pipe on there?

Black
    1998 Formula WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Banging from the y-pipe is a common problem from aftermarket Y's....mine bangs also so I ordered the bump stop from thunder. Do you have the stock y-pipe on there?
    I had an aftermarket SLP Y-Pipe put on. What is the "Bump Stop" you referred to at thunder? I have to order a new set of prothane motor and trans mounts should get the bump stop also. Did the bump stop cure you banging Y-Pipe problem?

How long should it take for them to install new motor & Trans mounts?

How long for th eBump Stop?

Thank you
    Eddie

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?ac...&vid=3&pcid=54 It's on that page about 3/4 the way down and it's made by mufflex...I haven't installed it yet but I hear it works.

Thread Information