Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

use coke to unlock a seized engine?

This is a discussion on use coke to unlock a seized engine? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Anyone ever hear of this trick? I heard before that a seized engine can be unseized. Basically I heard, take ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    86

    Black
    99 Pontiac TA

    use coke to unlock a seized engine?

    Anyone ever hear of this trick?

    I heard before that a seized engine can be unseized. Basically I heard, take out the spark plugs, put some coke in the cylinders, let it sit, put the plugs back in, and it should turn over.... any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    I would probably use something made for that purpose first. The coke stories are mostly bogus, not all, but most. A coke will desolve a chicken or penny and stuff like that. It is a little corrosive but not that much. It's good for taking bug guts off a windshield and corrosion off of battery posts but I usually choose to drink a coke and use products designed for those purposes.

  3. #3
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would probably use something made for that purpose first. The coke stories are mostly bogus, not all, but most. A coke will desolve a chicken or penny and stuff like that. It is a little corrosive but not that much. It's good for taking bug guts off a windshield and corrosion off of battery posts but I usually choose to drink a coke and use products designed for those purposes.
    it is also magic for un-clogging drains.

    My sink always gets plugged from when i shave... i use drano and it doesn't do shit, last time i poured 2 cans of coke in the sink and it bubbled like a fucking volcano and the sink drains perfectly now!

    As for trying it on a motor... hell its already seized - you don't have much to lose i'd say. Maybe as a last resort once you've tried other proven methods.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    86

    Black
    99 Pontiac TA

    other proven methods? I always just replaced the engine. but there';s other ways?

  5. #5
    Junior Member SouthBLVD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    18

    Black
    2001 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    it is also magic for un-clogging drains.

    My sink always gets plugged from when i shave... i use drano and it doesn't do shit, last time i poured 2 cans of coke in the sink and it bubbled like a fucking volcano and the sink drains perfectly now!

    As for trying it on a motor... hell its already seized - you don't have much to lose i'd say. Maybe as a last resort once you've tried other proven methods.
    hahaha! damn i find that funny.

  6. #6
    Cookie Monster LukesSpeedShop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Watertown, New York
    Age
    31
    Posts
    126

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Marvel Mystery oil freed up a buddies ski doo engine....

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2

    Do you know there is a liquid solution fro your Seized Engine?

    You can un-seize your seized with an Engine Release, liquid solution for seized engines. You can visit at www.enginerelease.com for more info.

    It is a money back warranty deal

    You can try it.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2
    There is a liquid solution for your seized engine. Engine Release

    visit at www.enginerelease.com

  9. #9
    Impwnded Smkn_TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Davenport, Iowa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,977

    Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

    Unscrew spark plug...insert rod, set on top of piston, get big hammer, put that hammer away and find a bigger hammer, aim, aim, SWING! If it works, see if it starts! My friends junker siezed we got it unseized and it had absolutley 0 compression at all, as if all the spark plugs were off and it was just pushing the air out.

  10. #10
    Junior Member BirdFlewLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I sleep in the house...Live in the shop
    Posts
    87

    midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

    we had an old 455 that was sitting out side for the longest time at a junk yard so we bought it and it was stuck...so we put a mixture of JB'80 and Antifreeze in the cylinders and about a month later we tryed to turn it over and it was as free as a bird!

  11. #11
    sixty9fordkiller
    Guest
    Get a twin garret turbo charged 3/4 ingersoll rand impact wrench with a 4000rpm stall on a 250shot of NOS, get a socket to fit the bolt on the front of the crank and watch that sucker unseize. Either that or remove your starter and bolt in a honda K20 engine with nissan silvia front end, skyline tailights, red neon underlights and TYPE-R flywheel to your existing starter location and crank that to see if it works!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
    Get a twin garret turbo charged 3/4 ingersoll rand impact wrench with a 4000rpm stall on a 250shot of NOS, get a socket to fit the bolt on the front of the crank and watch that sucker unseize. Either that or remove your starter and bolt in a honda K20 engine with nissan silvia front end, skyline tailights, red neon underlights and TYPE-R flywheel to your existing starter location and crank that to see if it works!
    LMAO....very inventive..hilarious post

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    86

    Black
    99 Pontiac TA

    engine comes out today, i haven't touched it in a while cause it's so damn cold out, and the garage isn't much warmer. But I'll have the engine on an engine stand and I'll get to screw around with it. It does turn a bit..... not well though. I got it to move maybee 10 degrees.

  14. #14
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Hmmm, you didn't say what type of car or type of transmission. But I can tell you what I did on a customers car that works fine,,,,it's the old school way. We used to do this back in the day many times,,,,,,,,

    I recently had a 57 Cadillac in here,,,with 7,000 original miles. Been parked in a garage since the 60's. The car was a complete unrestored Caddy and it was just in beautiful condition. Anyway, the motor was siezed.
    After soaking the cylinders with tranny fluid and many other experiments, and trying to crank on it with a pry bar, it just wouldn't budge so we had to resort to the good old method of pulling the car down the road about 30 mph and putting it in gear.

    This Caddy was an automatic, but back then, these auto transmissions had the pump in the back,,,so simply pulling the car and turning the driveshaft actually builds line pressure in the tranny,,,so once you pull it into gear it's like popping the clutch on a manual tranny. Back then the old cars could be jump started even with an auto tranny,,,pretty cool stuff.

    Anyway,,,it will bark the tires, rearend might bounce up and down a couple times. A stubborn motor may take more than one try. I actually got the car running after going through the fuel system, it smoked a little for a while then cleared up and ran like a champ. And we were able to preserve a survivor car without screwing it up by yanking the motor out for a rebuild,,,which is why this method was used. Most of the time though, I would just recommend pulling the motor for a tear down and a possible rebuild.

  15. #15
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post

    My sink always gets plugged from when i shave... i use drano and it doesn't do shit, last time i poured 2 cans of coke in the sink and it bubbled like a fucking volcano and the sink drains perfectly now!
    DUDE!!! thank you!!! i got the same problem!!!

  16. #16
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would probably use something made for that purpose first. The coke stories are mostly bogus, not all, but most. A coke will desolve a chicken or penny and stuff like that. It is a little corrosive but not that much. It's good for taking bug guts off a windshield and corrosion off of battery posts but I usually choose to drink a coke and use products designed for those purposes.
    i get it... you drink it... then pee it out on to the corosion... a double whammy...

  17. #17
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    DUDE!!! thank you!!! i got the same problem!!!
    works like a hot-damn

  18. #18
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    DUDE!!! thank you!!! i got the same problem!!!
    I've seen your pic...... I doubt you have this problem from shaving.

  19. #19
    SS Driver
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Third Rock
    Posts
    66

    Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmmm, you didn't say what type of car or type of transmission. But I can tell you what I did on a customers car that works fine,,,,it's the old school way. We used to do this back in the day many times,,,,,,,,

    I recently had a 57 Cadillac in here,,,with 7,000 original miles. Been parked in a garage since the 60's. The car was a complete unrestored Caddy and it was just in beautiful condition. Anyway, the motor was siezed.
    After soaking the cylinders with tranny fluid and many other experiments, and trying to crank on it with a pry bar, it just wouldn't budge so we had to resort to the good old method of pulling the car down the road about 30 mph and putting it in gear.

    This Caddy was an automatic, but back then, these auto transmissions had the pump in the back,,,so simply pulling the car and turning the driveshaft actually builds line pressure in the tranny,,,so once you pull it into gear it's like popping the clutch on a manual tranny. Back then the old cars could be jump started even with an auto tranny,,,pretty cool stuff.

    Anyway,,,it will bark the tires, rearend might bounce up and down a couple times. A stubborn motor may take more than one try. I actually got the car running after going through the fuel system, it smoked a little for a while then cleared up and ran like a champ. And we were able to preserve a survivor car without screwing it up by yanking the motor out for a rebuild,,,which is why this method was used. Most of the time though, I would just recommend pulling the motor for a tear down and a possible rebuild.
    This brings back memories.

    When I was younger, my dad had an old fiberglass buggy tub that he was going to build. He found an old beetle for a doaner chassie and the engine was siezed up. For a couple of weeks, every day he had me go out and spray brake free in the cylinders. And then one weekend we tried braking it free by dragging it down the road behind our neighbors truck. My dad is about 6' 4, he was in the beetle and I was in the truck with our neighbor. When we got up to speed my dad popped the clutch and the car jurked so hard it sent him into the windshield, the windshield popped out, the wipers were up, so they acted like springs and slapped the windshield back onto my dads head and sent him back in the car. We laughed so hard we had to stop. And the motor was still siezed.

  20. #20
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I've seen your pic...... I doubt you have this problem from shaving.


    i got some damn scruffy... i hate having to shave... 10 years ago i couldn't wait to have to shave every day... how stupid was that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. question about pulling a seized engine
    By fbod91 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 11:29 AM
  2. This is why I drink coke
    By GoldenFlame in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
  3. My Engine seized wat should i do??
    By ajonesz28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 08:02 AM
  4. Coke Commercials
    By Tonik in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •