Turn signals do not flash

This is a discussion on Turn signals do not flash within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I got this posted in the Firebird section, but could probably get more help here. My problem is that I ...

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Angry Turn signals do not flash

I got this posted in the Firebird section, but could probably get more help here. My problem is that I do not have any turn signals. I have replaced all my bulbs except the headlights, checked all my fuses and all are good. But my left and right turn blinkers do not blink. If I turn the hazard lights they do blink, just the turn signal does not work. Any ideas? Someone said its the wiring harness.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Sounds like the turn signal flasher went bad. Seems that our cars use two different flashers for the hazards and the turn signals.

Go to your local auto parts store and pick up a turn signal flasher. That should fix the problem.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Cool, i was hoping it would be something simple. I did not want to change the wiring harness, much less pay for someone to do it. Where is it located in the car. I was thinking that it was something of the sort, but there is nothing about it in the owners manual.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

definatly the flasher.. on eyour car it should be located in the panel below your steering wheel (the one that your knees probrably hit from time to ime lol) once you take that panel off it will be on the left side near wear the back of the radio is and clipped to a metal bracket. you can just pull it right off the bracket and pop it out of the clip and i believe it just pulls out of the housing and you slide the new one in. very easy to do, i just reccommend that you buy the new one first so you know what to look for then these instructions will seem much easier.. if not maybe someone else can explain

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

cool thanks, I know what to look for just didnt know where to look. Again thanks.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    cool thanks, I know what to look for just didnt know where to look. Again thanks.
    No prob

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

took it off and did not see anything. Is it in plan view or is it behind something?

White
    1999 T/A

i know u changed bulbs but check the housing the bulb plugs into... is it clean n dry or look rusty/ dirty???

Quote Originally Posted by T/AKing View Post
    i know u changed bulbs but check the housing the bulb plugs into... is it clean n dry or look rusty/ dirty???
    I doubt all the bulb sockets for all of the turn signals would get too rusty/dirty to work all at once

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    took it off and did not see anything. Is it in plan view or is it behind something?
    Should be to the left of the column. It's a round silver canister.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I found it!

White
    1999 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2manycis View Post
    I doubt all the bulb sockets for all of the turn signals would get too rusty/dirty to work all at once
    just a thought.... these cars seem to have a problem with leaking water in the turning signal housing and lettin it sit in the bottom of the socket messin everythin up.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by T/AKing View Post
    just a thought.... these cars seem to have a problem with leaking water in the turning signal housing and lettin it sit in the bottom of the socket messin everythin up.
    I had that problem about a three weeks ago. The housing was half way full of water, and it blew the bulb. Took out the bulb and out a new one in and everything was fine. I do need to remove the housing and reseal it.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

soo...........

did the flasher fix it for ya?

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Yes!

Thread Information