Thread: Turbonator?

black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

Turbonator?

yes money is tight i would like to reach 400 hp soon i am wondering if the turbonator is worth it does it work? how much hp does one usually gain?

my mods are lid, slp maf, k,n filter, this weekend gettin the x-pipe setup w/ 40 series flomasters where should this net me with the turbonator in terms of hp?

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Turbonator is...ready say it with me now...CRAP. Don't even waste your time considering it, all it does is block airflow. It's a joke....seriously. As far as he exhaust setup, I would check into the 40 series before you buy. I know CB wise, Flowmaster is one of the worst as far as gains go on LS1 cars. The 40 series with an X-Pipe setup I don't know about

Black
    99 SS

40's prolly wont fit under there man, i just did the 10 series(1 chambers) they fit but not that much room, i think the 40's are twice as big as the 1 chambers.

Silver
    2002 Z28

is your car an m6 or a4? With those mods... you will bearound 300rwhp... w/ the turbonator (LOL) it will be about 290. If you want 400 horses you will need a cutout, headers, bolt ons, and a cam w/ tune.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

tho the 40 series is the best flowing muffler, i have one on my car and it sounds great

Black
    99 SS

you still have the single exhaust?

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

if you're getting duals and want flowmasters, get the 1chamber design. turbonator is a waste of money. its a restriction above anything else. to hit 400, you will need a cam. I havent seen it done with full bolt ons.

black
    01 pontiac transam ws6 m6

hmm i cant get long tube headers i live in cali and i heard if i get shorties it wont make much of a difference because i think the 01-02 headers on the
    ws6 are just as good as if i bought aftermarket headers (shorties) and its a
    m6 so no way of reaching 400 hp with full bolt-ons? i dont want cam cause i dont feel like gutting out my car plus im saving for a stronger rearend and turbocharger not sure if i want twin or single i have homework to do on that

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

no you wont get 400. i have a m6, full bolt on, ls6 intake, ls6 heads, LT's, catted y pipe, asp pulley, lid, 230/232 112 cam, 42# injectors and tuned with HPT by me and i only managed 396/366, but thats due to knock, a shitty tune and having the stock muffler. I have a cutout on the way, so that alone will free up some power, but the new motor will help alot more get your bolt ons and then just keep saving for the turbo and rear. dont expect more than 340-350 with boltons...thats provided your car is a factory freak

Thread Information