PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Tune up questions for LS1 Z-28

Alright as you may or may not know I just bought a 02 Z-28 m6 w/65k on the clock. Im taking the car into the dealer to get the driverside cat replaced on monday however after that is done I would like to get a tuneup done too! Do you guys suggest changing the coils too. I def wana do a new fuel filter, Plugs and Plug wires. Also Would I be fine running the MSD wires with stock coils still? What type and brand plugs do you recomend. Thanks guys I appreciate the Help. The car is all stock as of right now as well.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Crane Cams "Fire Wire" ignition wire.....less than $50 from Summit, unless you have to have pretty red ones that aren't as good.
    NGK iridium.
    Stock coils are fine unless you want to throw $500 away for nothing & have pretty red coils to go with pretty red useless ignition wires.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Crane Cams "Fire Wire" ignition wire.....less than $50 from Summit, unless you have to have pretty red ones that aren't as good.
    NGK iridium.
    Stock coils are fine unless you want to throw $500 away for nothing & have pretty red coils to go with pretty red useless ignition wires.
    Thats why I thought i'd ask. $650 for new coils is expensive as hell. I'll check out those crane cam wires, Thanks man.

Black
    00 WS6

Why do you want to change the plugs? Is the car running bad? The stock plugs should be ok up to 100k. I'm going to change my plugs and wires when I do headers.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

+2 on the iridium plugs. i personally wouldn't trust the stock plugs more than 70k miles or so. but then like qwk93ta says: if it's running fine...

black
    2002 WS6

For me a standard Tune up on any used car is change fluids, change filters, change belts plugs and wires and general inspection. You never know what that car has been through so cover your bases and give it a good once over.

You are gonna here a lot of BS about what is useless and what what isn't. Go with what you want and your gut feeling, you get what you pay for. I my self stay with the top brands. I know what works for me and stick those.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    For me a standard Tune up on any used car is change fluids, change filters, change belts plugs and wires and general inspection. You never know what that car has been through so cover your bases and give it a good once over.

You are gonna here a lot of BS about what is useless and what what isn't. Go with what you want and your gut feeling, you get what you pay for. I my self stay with the top brands. I know what works for me and stick those.
    Thats My logic, its a used car so I plan on changing everything from rear end fluid to trans.

Red
    2001 Trans Am

ngk is the way to go

Thread Information