black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Tune now or wait

I am going to go with a custom tuned PCM by Nelsom performance but i know for sure I want an LS6 intake in the near future. So can I go ahead and get the PCM or should I wait till after I get the LS6 intake. Also I am curious if you would need a retune after installing a stall/tq converter? Let me know, I am dying to tune the car but dont want to have it retuned over and over. Hoping to minimize it as much as possible.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You will need a tune after doing a stall convertor. Getting a tune after a LS6 intake isn't going to be very beneficial. I would wait to get the PCM until after the convertor if it was my money.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

thanks for the info, it will be awhile before I get a stall but I am gonna go ahead and get the PCM from Nelson since it wont make much difference with the LS6 intake. Then have it retuned after the stall.

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    I am going to go with a custom tuned PCM by Nelsom performance but i know for sure I want an LS6 intake in the near future. So can I go ahead and get the PCM or should I wait till after I get the LS6 intake. Also I am curious if you would need a retune after installing a stall/tq converter? Let me know, I am dying to tune the car but dont want to have it retuned over and over. Hoping to minimize it as much as possible.
    Everything being equal, you will get a more maximized tune from someone who can actually scan your car on the street or an eddy-current dyno.

I'm not saying Nelson Performance isn't a good tuner, I'd actually recommend them if you were able to drive there, but speaking from experience, a mail-order tune is better than stock, but not maximized for you particular combo on your car.

Some tuners offer a "Lifetime Tune" option (we do) or a free retune.
    If there aren't any competent tuners in your area, then go with Nelson.

Ed

04 GTO A4 6.6 liter,AFR 225,STS 76mm Turbo,96# Injectors,Innovate XD-16,Methanol,HPTuners,Custom Fuel,etc.

Best E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html

LSX Tuning with Mustang MD-1100 Eddy Current Dyno & HPTuners in the New Haven, CT. area

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Gonna go with Nelson since the closest tuner is 2 hours away and he said he would need the car for at least 1 1/2 days to do it completely, so with Nelson PCM I will have no down time. And its around the same price. Thanks for your insight though.

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    Gonna go with Nelson since the closest tuner is 2 hours away and he said he would need the car for at least 1 1/2 days to do it completely, so with Nelson PCM I will have no down time. And its around the same price. Thanks for your insight though.
    No problem. Maybe Nelson offers a lifetime tune option or a discounted retune. Doesn't hurt to ask.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I beleive you can have another PCM shipped with new tune at anytime after initial purchase but you pay for shipping.

Thread Information