Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Trufiber shipping $400 :-(

This is a discussion on Trufiber shipping $400 :-( within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Does anyone know anyone selling Trufiber hoods closer to Canada that wouldn't rape me on shipping 529 for the hood ...

  1. #1
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Trufiber shipping $400 :-(

    Does anyone know anyone selling Trufiber hoods closer to Canada that wouldn't rape me on shipping 529 for the hood and 399 in shipping yikes!!!

  2. #2
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937


    dam that messed up...i got quoted for a VFN factory ram air for $655 shipped

  3. #3
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Where

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post


    dam that messed up...i got quoted for a VFN factory ram air for $655 shipped
    I am not sold on Trufiber only where did you get that quote? I would like to check.
    With trufiber I'm up to $928 and then the 13% tax and 7% duty ishhh sucks to be in Canada when you want to buy something

  4. #4
    Like a boss. Mahalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Claus, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    144

    Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

    I got a VFN hood for $400 and $150 or so for shipping. I love the hood too, fits, looks, and works great. I'd recommend it over Trufiber, but my friend has a Trufiber and his is also working and looking great! But you should check it out. You cant go wrong either way with those two companies!

    But i'm not sure about T/A hood prices, or shipping to Canada...

  5. #5
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Oh

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post


    dam that messed up...i got quoted for a VFN factory ram air for $655 shipped
    Do we need hood pins for those hoods ???

  6. #6
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahalik View Post
    I got a VFN hood for $400 and $150 or so for shipping. I love the hood too, fits, looks, and works great. I'd recommend it over Trufiber, but my friend has a Trufiber and his is also working and looking great! But you should check it out. You cant go wrong either way with those two companies!

    But i'm not sure about T/A hood prices, or shipping to Canada...
    Was it through VFN direct or a store /distributor?

    Thanks

  7. #7
    Veteran Blackbird WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    van down by the river
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Do we need hood pins for those hoods ???
    i emailed them...no, you dont need hood pins, it just like a factory bolt on

  8. #8
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    save your money. $1k for just a hood is rediculious...

  9. #9
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
    i emailed them...no, you dont need hood pins, it just like a factory bolt on
    I appreciate it man thanks a lot

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326
    You can always have the hood shipped the a border town in Maine, and then go pick it up. I think for anything that is made in america there is no duty, you would only have to pay HST to bring it across the border.
    And most american companies ship 10X cheaper within thier own borders.

  11. #11
    Like a boss. Mahalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Claus, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    144

    Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

    I bought it from VFN on their website. Pay close attention to what you order when you do, if you see two similar hoods, and one is $100-$200 cheaper, it most likely comes with hood pins rather than bolt on.

    Additional costs besides hood and shipping will include your equipment, matching, painting, and labor time, which costed me another $530 i believe. So my overall price of everything was $1,080ish.

  12. #12
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahalik View Post
    I bought it from VFN on their website. Pay close attention to what you order when you do, if you see two similar hoods, and one is $100-$200 cheaper, it most likely comes with hood pins rather than bolt on.

    Additional costs besides hood and shipping will include your equipment, matching, painting, and labor time, which costed me another $530 i believe. So my overall price of everything was $1,080ish.
    Yep I called my body shop guy and your about right h said 350 to 550 depending on how it goes so that I calculatd but the 400 shipping is a little pricey I hope VFN is a little more reasonnable I would go factory WS6 replacement instead of WS9 with Trufiber

    Trufiber emaile me and it would be 150 to the main border but I need an address to ship to don't know anyone there....:-(

  13. #13
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    You can always have the hood shipped the a border town in Maine, and then go pick it up. I think for anything that is made in america there is no duty, you would only have to pay HST to bring it across the border.
    And most american companies ship 10X cheaper within thier own borders.
    U don't know anyone there do u????

  14. #14
    Like a boss. Mahalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Claus, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    144

    Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    U don't know anyone there do u????
    Ship it to a business, like a repair center/auto shop. Offer a tip or something to whoever lets you ship it to them?

  15. #15
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahalik View Post
    Ship it to a business, like a repair center/auto shop. Offer a tip or something to whoever lets you ship it to them?
    I gotta a spot so $150 shippng it is the only thing I wonder bout now is would you accept a hood without checking it first If I do that how will I know if it's goo or all cracked etc.... Humm I guess I'll have to chance it woul VFN have better quality control than Trufiber?????

  16. #16
    Like a boss. Mahalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Claus, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    144

    Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

    My VFN hood is in perfect condition, and i would accept a hood from them, i trust that company a lot, and they have many years of experience with making fiberglass hoods for f-body vehicles.

    My friend's Trufiber hood has a small crack in the fiberglass, it really isnt that noticable, but its nearly in the center of his ws6 hood, but i wouldnt let this stop you from choosing a company. Small things like this are common in hand-made fiberglass hoods (it could happen to a VFN hood...).

    Both companies will offer a replacement if something goes wrong in the shipping, all you will have to do is pay to ship the hood back to them.

    The VFN ws6 replacment is $495, and weighs 25lbs. The Trufiber is $479 for the ws6, and it probably weighs the same. However, Trufiber also offers the "ws9" hood, which i would recommend getting for two reasons, 1.) it looks badass, 2.) why pay so much money for a part that is offered stock?

    That is why i replaced my hood with a cowl... Anyway, if you want ws6 hood, go VFN, and for ws9 (my choice now that i remembered the company offers it for so cheap) go Trufiber. They will have nearly the same shipping, and the few bucks you save with Trufiber is made up for with the service and quality of VFN.
    Last edited by Mahalik; 11-30-2010 at 05:54 PM.

  17. #17
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    You are the man thank u

    Quote Originally Posted by Mahalik View Post
    My VFN hood is in perfect condition, and i would accept a hood from them, i trust that company a lot, and they have many years of experience with making fiberglass hoods for f-body vehicles.

    My friend's Trufiber hood has a small crack in the fiberglass, it really isnt that noticable, but its nearly in the center of his ws6 hood, but i wouldnt let this stop you from choosing a company. Small things like this are common in hand-made fiberglass hoods (it could happen to a VFN hood...).

    Both companies will offer a replacement if something goes wrong in the shipping, all you will have to do is pay to ship the hood back to them.

    The VFN ws6 replacment is $495, and weighs 25lbs. The Trufiber is $479 for the ws6, and it probably weighs the same. However, Trufiber also offers the "ws9" hood, which i would recommend getting for two reasons, 1.) it looks badass, 2.) why pay so much money for a part that is offered stock?

    That is why i replaced my hood with a cowl... Anyway, if you want ws6 hood, go VFN, and for ws9 (my choice now that i remembered the company offers it for so cheap) go Trufiber. They will have nearly the same shipping, and the few bucks you save with Trufiber is made up for with the service and quality of VFN.


    Thank u so much I am ordering parts right after xms so I don't get the xmas rush craze so WS9 Headers and stall for this year will mx me out big time Tht should kep me happy 4 prbably ever

  18. #18
    Like a boss. Mahalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Claus, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    144

    Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Thank u so much I am ordering parts right after xms so I don't get the xmas rush craze so WS9 Headers and stall for this year will mx me out big time Tht should kep me happy 4 prbably ever
    Glad i could help!

    If you have any more questions about appearance replacement parts, pm me.

  19. #19
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,148
    dear jack. your an ass haha
    but yeah thats one of the things youll have to risk...its shipping.
    ill probably have mine repaired sometime or another...as of now...not too noticable. about 1-1.5 inches but i couldnt see it till they painted it and by that time...trufiber said that they wouldnt take it back. so itll be about a $350 fix..just another thing to add to my never saticfied list

    and the WS6 hood was 35lbs btw

  20. #20
    Like a boss. Mahalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Santa Claus, IN
    Age
    23
    Posts
    144

    Black
    2001 Camaro - A4

    My VFN hood has two very small dents in it, like i said, its natural for fiberglass pieces this big to do these things.

    Btw, notice how i RECOMMENDED your Trufiber brand hood over my VFN for T/A's. But VFN would be a better choice for camaros..!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trufiber ss hood and slp lid
    By MNZ28 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 07:29 AM
  2. Trufiber vs VFN
    By Durango in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 11:51 AM
  3. TruFiber hood WS9
    By Durango in forum General Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM
  4. TRUFIBER WS9 Hood
    By Transambroli in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •