Red
    2001 Trans Am

Trufiber hoods any good?

I'm thinking about getting a Trufiber WS6 hood from ws6store.com since they have a pretty good deal on it. Just wanted some opinions on this particular brand. thanks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I have no experience with True Fiber but most aftermarket hoods (my own WS9 included) seems they need a alot more prep and work before paint than a genuine GM one would.

215 heads,ms4cam,102 fast 2000ls1tranz's Avatar

White
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by patriot1136 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a Trufiber WS6 hood from ws6store.com since they have a pretty good deal on it. Just wanted some opinions on this particular brand. thanks
    hey didu ever get the hood im thinkin bout getting a truefiber ws9 hood...how did it fit if u did?

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

I have one on my car and it's a piece of shit. The fit is horrible and it took a ridiculous amount of body work just to get it to look half way decent.There are all kinds of dimples and flaws all over the hood.Then when I called to complain they said if I sent it back for inspection and they didn't find anything then I would be responsible for shipping. Well when I take my flat hood off that fit perfect and I put there hood on and it fits like socks on a chicken then that proves it right there. If I was you I would use this as a last resort. Hunt around for a factory hood, there out there. P.M me your e-mail and I'll send picks.

Impounded

'00 Z28 M6 NBM
    I piss excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot1136 View Post
    Don't do it. Friend of mine bought one & it took a week of filling/blocking to get it ready for paint plus fixing fitment issues.

Red
    2001 ws6

trufiber here no complaints with fitment, just the dimples from where the inner was molded to the outer skin alittle glaze an some blocking

Impounded

'00 Z28 M6 NBM
    I piss excellence.

^^^ sick paint scheme

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Rk ws6 View Post
    trufiber here no complaints with fitment, just the dimples from where the inner was molded to the outer skin alittle glaze an some blocking

Click for full size
    How does the reveal look between the hood and fenders. That's where most of my problems are. How old is that hood? Mine is about a year and a half old. I don't now if they have made mold improvements since then but I'm sure they have.

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

My experience with aftermarket hoods is limited but back in the LT1 T/A days I bought a Suncoast WS6 hood for it. The body-shop I used said the hood was straight and had no issues with prep or painting. A friend and I installed it with minimum adjusting from the factory hood. I thought cool I got a good quality hood and the body shop got the paint to match perfect.

I can't remember when I got the hood but it must have been sometime before summer weather hit SoCal when temps avg. in the high 80's. To make a long story short on hot days when the car had been sitting out in the sun for sometime the hood would heat up and start warping on the drivers side. When temps went down the hood return to its shape.

My recommendation would be go with the OEM/factory hoods if you can. You'll have less issues to deal with fitments and quality compared to some of these sub-quality aftermarket ones. Warranties for the hoods are so arbitrary based on factors that make it easy for them to tell you to pound sand.

btw Rk ws6 really nice paint job on the hood but bro...post a clearer pic next time!

Sunfire Yellow
    02 Collector Edition T/A

Oops! I don't know anything about Tru hoods but I probably wouldn't change my statement regarding aftermarket vs factory.

Thread Information