Black w/red Stripes
    1999 Z28

Are true duals worth it???

I need some exhaust ideas for my 99 Z28...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

look at the top of the external engine forum. There's a thread stickied there that has about as much info on true duals as you can stand to read. I personally wouldn't run dumps and would run them out the back because of the noise but I'm getting old. There was a day when I wanted it as loud as it could be. Dumps sound bad ass.... I just wouldn't want the drone that comes with them. Mrr23 runs some nice duals out the back and a few others have them as well. Read that thread and ask some questions there. I'm sure you'll get tons of answers.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I love my true duals and the dump at the axel sound. I get compliments about it all the time. But as Orion has said read up and decided first. Dont do something you and then wish later you had not. FYI at WOT true duals are loud loud loud. And alot of people do not like that.

So many mods so little..$ KahliFornyaKing's Avatar

Navy Blue Metalic
    2000 Z-28

I have Pacesetter long tube headers and TSP true dual exhaust kit with Borla XR-1 mufflers dumped in front of the axle and imo my exhaust sounds BAD ASS and its not too loud. Im thinking about extending it out the back later though because it is pretty noisy but not nearly as much as most mufflers. The XR-1 mufflers are very large in diameter also! I have had my exhaust setup since Dec. of last year and i love it, the muflers are a little banged up but nothing serious. Go to ls1sounds.com to check out peoples setups to kinda give you an idea of what different setups will sound like. I need to post my setup. Take your time with this decision because it is an expensive one! I researched the hell out of a lot of stuff for over a year before i started buying parts. Good luck man!

Thread Information