navy blue
    2000 trans am ws6 ls1 slp

traction control

i have a 2000 ws6 t.a. with traction control, i purchased a 2002 nontraction control rearend, what are, if any problem's with leaving the traction wire's off on this change,thank's for the info.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

You will have an "ABS INOP/TRAC INOP" light on your dash and your ABS will not work.

NBM
    1998Z28

I would think you could take the parts off your old rearend and put then on the one you bought. Your old one has the sensor behind the brake assembly and the one you bought has the sensor on top the rear gear housing?

There is a reluctor ring on the ring gear inside the rearend as well, all that would have to be swapped.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You could swap your brake backing plates and axles over to the new rear (I think... someone check me on this) and simply leave the sensor on top of the differential housing unplugged. Your original axles will have reluctor rings pressed onto the ends between the bearing and flange.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Well if you don't care for having ABS or traction control there should'nt be any problem @ all..

You can always pull the cluster and remove the bulbs for the ABS and TC warning lights as I don't think there's any other way to get them to turn off..

Well that is unless you add the parts required to make those options work with your new rear..

Oh, and welcome to LS1.com..

NBM
    1998Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You could swap your brake backing plates and axles over to the new rear (I think... someone check me on this) and simply leave the sensor on top of the differential housing unplugged. Your original axles will have reluctor rings pressed onto the ends between the bearing and flange.
    That is what I was thinking. Leave the sensor in the diff housing to plug the hole. You shuldn't have to touch the reluctor ring. Its not hurting anything either.

Hmmm, I was under the impression that he bought a NON traction control rearend and needed to make it work on his traction control car.
    In which case the rearend wouldn't have a reluctor ring on the 3rd member. Which is why I mentioned needing to swap it to make it all functional again.

Anyone want to clerify what the original posters actual intentions are?

navy blue
    2000 trans am ws6 ls1 slp

no more t.c.on t.a.

thank's for all the info ,beside's the light's sound's like i shouldn't have any computer sensor problem's,all my other rod's 69-442,78-t.a. 80-t.a. 79-z28,69-gto,didn't have traction control or abs,so this is kinda silly when you want power&burnout,i just wasn't sure how it would affect the computer stuff,i like this 2000 t.a. but didn't realize how much crap i will have to learn, thank's this is a very helpful group of ls1nee's

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

That's what we're here for.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Hmmm, I was under the impression that he bought a NON traction control rearend and needed to make it work on his traction control car.
    In which case the rearend wouldn't have a reluctor ring on the 3rd member. Which is why I mentioned needing to swap it to make it all functional again.

Anyone want to clerify what the original posters actual intentions are?
    His car has TC (4 channel) and he bought a ABS only rearend (3 channel). To make the TC/ABS work, he can leave the center reluctor in and swap the axles w/ the reluctors pressed on, from the old rearend. But it sounds like he doesn't want ABS or TC so....he doesn't have to do anything, I guess

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by driller View Post
    thank's for all the info ,beside's the light's sound's like i shouldn't have any computer sensor problem's,all my other rod's 69-442,78-t.a. 80-t.a. 79-z28,69-gto,didn't have traction control or abs,so this is kinda silly when you want power&burnout,i just wasn't sure how it would affect the computer stuff,i like this 2000 t.a. but didn't realize how much crap i will have to learn, thank's this is a very helpful group of ls1nee's
    Actually some cars did have a form of TC clear back in the 60's.. Some 2-spd powerglides had the slip/slide feature..

Thread Information