Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Tips on removing TB hose?

Ok guys i pulled my hair out last time i did this swap. I cudnt get the dam hose of my throttle body!! IT was the last one to and everything was apart. To make things worse, the coolant woodnt stop leaking from. I know a little is suppose to come out but it went non stop. I think it was becasue the engine was hot, and i didnt give it time to cool off. Finally i got pliers and clamped one side shut and got the hose off. Now i cant get the one that sits on the bottom of the throttle body, on the drivers side. Any1 know what to do?? I thought about cutting it off, but when i went to look for another hose, GM qutoed me at $27. I wanna get this dam thing in so i can get the car running early as possible tommorow. Hell i aint doing nothing now, might go down and do it right now.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Sounds like a good time to just do the throttle body bypass mod, just buy a length of the right size hose and reroute it to bypass the throttle body. If you really want to just get it off it was a PITA for my car as well. I pulled the clamp back out of the way and just twisted and pulled, was a slow process but the hose did come off. You could also try using a screwdriver to help push it off, but I did not have one handy and it is possible to slip with the screwdriver and put it into something you don't want (like you hand).

98 Formula
    06 duramax

just grab it with pliers and pull and twist at the same time. Make sure the car is cold, and it'll help if the tb is still bolted down so it doesn't move around on you. You can buy that hose by the foot at any parts store cheap.

Thread Information