Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Throwing AIR code, how to pass inspection?

This is a discussion on Throwing AIR code, how to pass inspection? within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; ok done took like 10 mins I switched out the pass/sidedoor so this will help with the 0410 problem right>? ...

  1. #21
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    ok done took like 10 mins I switched out the pass/sidedoor so this will help with the 0410 problem right>? Now I seat back and wait......to think them fucker's wanted to charge me 94 to do it.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Must be Hulk Hogan installed ours at the factory. I had the largest adjustable wrench and pipe wrench in my tool collection on them and they would not budge. I was afraid of snapping the air tube, so I didn't get too crazy until I had them off the car.

    Did you erase the code to reset your SES?

  3. #23
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    yea now i must wait...

  4. #24
    Senior Member 02z28ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    near St. Louis
    Posts
    1,205

    navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    Here is the problem with that analogy, In the state of California, you have to have your vehicle smogged, it is the law, if you do not correct the problem with the vehicle, the code is stored in the PCM memory "WHETHER OR NOT THE LIGHT IS ON". After you correct the problem and clear the code to shut the light off, "THE CODE STILL STAYS IN THE MEMORY" for at least 2 driving cycles (I do not know how long the cycles are), which I believe are milage driven.

    In conclusion, if you do not correct the problem, you wont pass smog, if you do correct the problem, you need to go through 2 driving cycles before getting the vehicle reinspected.

    SteveC
    Not technically correct statements. If you clear the codes they are gone from the memory, no longer stored. What happens is the OBD system does not show "readiness" which means you will not pass the test. Had a customer today drive her Honda Odyssey 60 miles today (after we erased the code) which gave the system "readiness" to be tested and she passed. However when she first showed up we read the codes first and showed a "pending" misfire code. The light wasn't on because it was a "pending" code, meaning it needed to happen again before the light came on or made a full failure code available in the memory. Just to be safe we erased the codes again and she went on another 60 mile drive (I know I wish I had that much time on my hands lol) to reset the readiness monitor. Then after all that we redid the emmissions OBDII test and she passed finally. Then she had the priviledge of standing in line to get her plates.....
    Can't believe this thread started 2 years ago !!??!! lol
    Last edited by 02z28ls1; 09-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.

  5. #25
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    I replaced the pass/side one and got the code again so I get another one for the driver side I hope this does it...just waiting now

  6. #26
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    I replaced the pass/side one and got the code again so I get another one for the driver side I hope this does it...just waiting now

    I replaced both at the same time. Upon disassembly, they both looked pretty munched. Our SES has not been back on since.

  7. #27
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    I hope I can say the same still waiting for all codes to be ready

  8. #28
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    just checked my car with my handy dandy Mac Et105 and everything is ready but 2 monitors the sec air, and the evap sys are both not ready... what is the cycle for both to kick in? I need to do my emisson very soon can this fail me?
    Last edited by War Theory; 09-03-2009 at 05:46 PM.

  9. #29
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    can a p0410 code fail my car ???

  10. #30
    Member 2000dreambird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    618

    silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

    Yes mine just failed for it I need a new air pump

  11. #31
    Member DaddySS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bergen Co. NJ
    Posts
    590

    Black
    2000 Camaro SS Conv.

    just for information:


    The AIR runs when you first start the car to inject air into the exhaust and help to heat the cats up and get them working sooner. It runs for less than a minute when the car first starts. The two check valves on the manifolds are to allow the air to pass into the manifold but prevent exhaust from getting into the system when the pump is not running.

  12. #32
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    I did both valves and the light did not come on but when I check witht he hand held it says 0410 sec air ---malfunction think i need to buy a pump....

  13. #33
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    I did both valves and the light did not come on but when I check witht he hand held it says 0410 sec air ---malfunction think i need to buy a pump....

    With the engine cold, disconnect the hose on top of the driver side wheelhouse at the union. Start the engine and you should have air blowing from the hose coming up from the front of the vehicle. If you do, the air pump is working just fine. Note that this test may trigger the SES or set a pending code.

  14. #34
    Senior Member 02z28ls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    near St. Louis
    Posts
    1,205

    navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

    I could be wrong but, if the light isn't on then you have a pending code. Some of those testers don't differentiate between a pending code or show it as a pending code, some do. A pending code is not a flunk on the OBDII test until it becomes a full fledged trouble code, thereby turning on the light.
    The non readiness of the evap system could be a bigger problem because it's self test cycle is hard to trigger. I don't believe you need to trigger that however to get readiness, just need to wrack up some miles of city cycle and hiway driving.

  15. #35
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    I need a new pump I cleared the codes and did the emissons and failed because of the readness so I ordered a pump about 200 even from GM and will be putting it in first thing tomorrow

  16. #36
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    I need a new pump I cleared the codes and did the emissons and failed because of the readness so I ordered a pump about 200 even from GM and will be putting it in first thing tomorrow

    Did you check fuses, relays and wire connections before ordering?

  17. #37
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    I did check the fuses, valves, where are the relays?

  18. #38
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1 View Post
    Not technically correct statements. If you clear the codes they are gone from the memory, no longer stored. What happens is the OBD system does not show "readiness" which means you will not pass the test. Had a customer today drive her Honda Odyssey 60 miles today (after we erased the code) which gave the system "readiness" to be tested and she passed. However when she first showed up we read the codes first and showed a "pending" misfire code. The light wasn't on because it was a "pending" code, meaning it needed to happen again before the light came on or made a full failure code available in the memory. Just to be safe we erased the codes again and she went on another 60 mile drive (I know I wish I had that much time on my hands lol) to reset the readiness monitor. Then after all that we redid the emmissions OBDII test and she passed finally. Then she had the priviledge of standing in line to get her plates.....
    Can't believe this thread started 2 years ago !!??!! lol
    Does key starts play a role in all of this?

  19. #39
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,567

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    I did check the fuses, valves, where are the relays?

    Driver side front corner of engine compartment. The relay is clearly labeled.

  20. #40
    Member War Theory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    228

    Black
    2001 Ws6

    thanks will check em today

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can't pass inspection
    By dambus in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 03:06 PM
  2. Throwing MAF code and don't know why...
    By SajoR in forum General Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 06:03 AM
  3. Dallas - Need to fix to pass inspection - where?
    By watson023 in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM
  4. Can I pass inspection with long tube headers?
    By Kup98ss in forum External Engine
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 05:36 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 06:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •