White
    2002 WS6

Throttle body question

Yesterday I took off my throttle body to clean it. (Only had the car a few months and not sure what previous owner did to it) There is a small whole in the blade so I am assuming he did somework to it. Once I got it off I notice some gouges in the throttle body itself. Will these create issues for me. I know you want it to be as smooth as possible just wondering how bad those ridges or gouges are hurting my flow rates.
    Coil Pack Covers with TA Emblems, Pillar Gauges, SLP LT Headers-Cats-exhaust, Chrome-moly Torque Arm, .095 Custom Steel Driveshaft, Chrome-moly Fully adjustable Panhard Bar, 12 Bolt Strange Rear End with TA HD Cover. Subframe Connectors, stainless brake lines, K&N, Strut Tower Brace, custom tuned.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Well, they have a small hole in them orginally. I forget the spec. Is the blade goudged on the outter rim of the blade? How big is the hole? Do oyu have a "hanging idle" when stopping/ pulling out of gear(if manual).

Usually people drill the blade only for a last ditch effort to get the car to idle with a big cam in it. Otherwise, there is zero need for it.

White
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well, they have a small hole in them orginally. I forget the spec. Is the blade goudged on the outter rim of the blade? How big is the hole? Do oyu have a "hanging idle" when stopping/ pulling out of gear(if manual).

Usually people drill the blade only for a last ditch effort to get the car to idle with a big cam in it. Otherwise, there is zero need for it.
    Was not sure if the hole was stock or not. The gouges are not in the blade but on the throttle body walls leading to the blade. Most parts are decent but one section has those gouges in it.

Thread Information