1999 30th Ann Firebird TA

Red face There's more there than 320HP right?

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the full capability of the engine...I'm talking all 350HP that are under the hood? There's a chip or something in the programming that has to be changed right? I need some guidance.

Thanks!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TA1999 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to go about getting the full capability of the engine...I'm talking all 350HP that are under the hood? There's a chip or something in the programming that has to be changed right? I need some guidance.

Thanks!
    i would look at the stickies we have in each section ..that will give you a good idea where to start....you should have all 350 under the hood unless there is something wrong.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Your car has a ECM that uses EEPROM and doesn't use a "chip". Rather it utilizes tuner software (HPTuners or the like) to adjust engine operating parameters and then it's "flashed" to the new settings.

To take advantage of what you have will require the use of a competent tuner utilizing said software. For a stock 99 I wouldn't expect more than 300-310 at the rear wheels after a dyno tune. Maybe not even that.

OTOH, you can gain much more HP/TQ using bolt on mods (CAI, intake manifold, exhaust, etc).

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

arent they 345 at the flywheel stock

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    arent they 345 at the flywheel stock
    Give or take. An LS1 is an LS1 regardless of installation. Camaro's are chocked down from a Vette by the intake and exhaust. Insofar as intake manifold, camshaft specs and exhaust manifolds are concerned 98 is different from 99-2000 is different from 2001-2. Thats why 2002 is 310hp (the highest rated).

When my 02 was a stocker it put down 306rwhp/323rwt on a DynoJet. But they are all relatively the same at the flywheel.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by TA1999 View Post

Thanks!
    are you talking RWHP? your car should have 350 crank hp but if your trying to get to 350 RWHP toss on the bolt ons, lid, headers, exhaust and a tune....depending if your A4 or M6 you should be around that 350 mark your looking for

Thread Information