Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Terminator vs. c5 zo6

This is a discussion on Terminator vs. c5 zo6 within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; not impossible but not very safe at all compared to the cobra but ill tell it to you like this. ...

In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

not impossible but not very safe at all compared to the cobra but ill tell it to you like this. get that which you want most and do not settle for anything less.

I like how u put that, I guess i'll just test drive each and see which one gives me the biggest smile.... I have a feeling the vette will win... I miss the race car feel of my old vette compared to the family car feel of the stang...

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by soccerpimp09 View Post
    I like how u put that, I guess i'll just test drive each and see which one gives me the biggest smile.... I have a feeling the vette will win... I miss the race car feel of my old vette compared to the family car feel of the stang...

you wont be disapointed with the vette trust me

I am a major vette fan and i know that it will make you happy.

good luck with you choice and let us know what you pick!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Thanks and I will, It'll probably be a month or 2 before I make my purchase, hard to find good deals these days... but either way you'll see me on here.. either defending the mustangs or braggin on the z06 lol - If all else fails my back-up plan is a ~99 hatch or hardtop vette - just incase the financing (and payment plan) doesn't work out how i want -

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

if i'm not mistaken the zo6 debuted in '01. but i've hardly seen that year around. mainly '02-'04

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    stock for stock the z06 would destroy a 03 cobra.. but like i said if you are going to mod it hard then hp wise the cobra is king..but for the best balance of power and race car feel around the corners then z06...pimp the z06 man
    Destroy. 03 up Z's put 350-360 SAE to the tire while 03/04 Cobras make a solid 365 plus. Throw in a CAI and a tune and it's 400. Destroy stock for stock? No. Cobra, 12.5 stock, Z high 11's. I've owned vettes. Other than the ladys it attracts the wrong kind of attention. It does get the ladys. I have had girls jump in my vette when I was at the track or the beach. But, today that is not what I need and I don't like some asshole looing down on me. That's why I like Cobras.

With the stock Eaton and $1500 in mods I made 480 SAE on the rollers. With $4k in engine mods on my 03 counting the purchase of a used 2.2 KB you see what kind of power you can get. And it is reliable contrary to what some may say. It's all in the tune. I run pig rich so much that raw fuel exits my exhaust.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

can you not read? stock for stock. also your mustang not only runs rich like a pig, its heavy as a pig too.

Curb weight
    Coupe 3,665 lb. (1,662 kg)

Convertible 3,780 lb. (1,715 kg)

vette

3140 lb.

even tho the svt is rated at 390hp it could be underrated. but ok so 390hp verse 405hp. then add on to that the 500+ weight diff.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Destroy. 03 up Z's put 350-360 SAE to the tire while 03/04 Cobras make a solid 365 plus. Throw in a CAI and a tune and it's 400. Destroy stock for stock? No. Cobra, 12.5 stock, Z high 11's. I've owned vettes. Other than the ladys it attracts the wrong kind of attention. It does get the ladys. I have had girls jump in my vette when I was at the track or the beach. But, today that is not what I need and I don't like some asshole looing down on me. That's why I like Cobras.

With the stock Eaton and $1500 in mods I made 480 SAE on the rollers. With $4k in engine mods on my 03 counting the purchase of a used 2.2 KB you see what kind of power you can get. And it is reliable contrary to what some may say. It's all in the tune. I run pig rich so much that raw fuel exits my exhaust.

Click for full size

Click for full size
    not to mention .5 to 1 sec in a 1/4 is alot. so yes i still say it will destroy a cobra. but also i said that for raw potental power that the cobra is the best..so wtf are you trying to prove. i mean if you want me to tell you good job or give you a for the mods you have done to your cobra then i will. p.s. i never said anything about the engines being unreliable. i said its a urban myth. i just looked up the 03's 1/4 time for motor trend it says 13.12 @ 109.58
    Last edited by shady milkman; 01-05-2007 at 06:39 AM.

98' trans am

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy351w View Post
    climate would also be something to consider

with the vetter being lighter that means it has no drivability in rain or snow
    I wouldn't think any rear wheel drive car with more any sort of decent power wouldn't be good in the snow.

I would say to go with the zo6 cuz its lighter, handles better, looks better (IMO), holds it's value, etc. The only advantages to the cobra are more seating and its reliability for boosting.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

Awaiting Activation
    can you not read? stock for stock. also your mustang not only runs rich like a pig, its heavy as a pig too.

Curb weight
    Coupe 3,665 lb. (1,662 kg)

Convertible 3,780 lb. (1,715 kg)

vette

3140 lb.

even tho the svt is rated at 390hp it could be underrated. but ok so 390hp verse 405hp. then add on to that the 500+ weight diff.
    Can I read. I said stock for stock an 03/Z are 1/2 second apart. Why am I surprised that someone like you would pull out a MT magazine. I ran 12.8 bonestock right down to the GY F1's that came on it the first week I had it at Rockingham. Evan Smith with MM&FF magazine ran very low 12's on a bonestock 03 Cobra and well below 12.5's. He ran a 12.5 in a vert.

I was mature with my post. I said a Z06 will not destroy an 03. I simply posted what a few mods will do for an 03/04 Cobra. That's what this guy would like to know. It's apparent you have an insecure streak.

You know nothing about an 03 if you think it "could" be underated. I've modded over 10 03/04's including several KB swaps, LT's headers and gears. I've put them all on the dyno, I've seen 30 dyno'd at other shops and read of hundreds on the net making no less than 360 rwhp SAE. It is a pure fact the averag 03/04 dynos 365 rwhp SAE. That is 425 crank at a 15% drivetrain loss. I know of a bonestock 03 engine that was put on an engine dyno and it pulled 420 HP. So, power wise it's right there or maybe even 10-15 more rwhp that a Z sonny. Assuming a tenth for every 100 pounds is 1/2 second in the quarter. .5 seconds in the quarter is hardly destroying another car.

As far as my reading skills sonny, your post are insecure, immature, and grammar/spelling skills that make Jefro Clampett look like Einstein. I have two bachelors degrees and I'm a senior engineer with one of the largest AC/DC motor manufacturers in the world.

So "WTF" am I trying to prove. From the maturity level of your posts, I'd equate throwing peanuts at some chimp locked up in a cage to a verbal spar with you.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

how tall are u soccerpimp09??? have u sat in both cars for comfort??? ive found that mustangs up untill the 05 and newer stangs didnt really fit me the way u sit in them....u sit up very high and feel like your in display or somthing ..if your 5'6 it may fit u great but im 6'1 and find the pre 05 stangs uncomfortable...just one more thing to think about....and how do u like your arm postion while shifting???? mine rests confortably on the center console where the stang your arm is kinda hangin there...the vette as well has a large center console and the shifter is at the same high as it so u can rest your arm on it inbetween shifting. Im happy ford corrected this problem in the new body style though ...took one for a ride a few mths before i came across my present car and nearly bought one......its to bad the NEW cobra is so dam heavy....woulda been a sick car at 33- 3500lbs 500 supercharged horses and selling around 40k or slightly less....o well

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    Can I read. I said stock for stock an 03/Z are 1/2 second apart. Why am I surprised that someone like you would pull out a MT magazine. I ran 12.8 bonestock right down to the GY F1's that came on it the first week I had it at Rockingham. Evan Smith with MM&FF magazine ran very low 12's on a bonestock 03 Cobra and well below 12.5's. He ran a 12.5 in a vert.

I was mature with my post. I said a Z06 will not destroy an 03. I simply posted what a few mods will do for an 03/04 Cobra. That's what this guy would like to know. It's apparent you have an insecure streak.

You know nothing about an 03 if you think it "could" be underated. I've modded over 10 03/04's including several KB swaps, LT's headers and gears. I've put them all on the dyno, I've seen 30 dyno'd at other shops and read of hundreds on the net making no less than 360 rwhp SAE. It is a pure fact the averag 03/04 dynos 365 rwhp SAE. That is 425 crank at a 15% drivetrain loss. I know of a bonestock 03 engine that was put on an engine dyno and it pulled 420 HP. So, power wise it's right there or maybe even 10-15 more rwhp that a Z sonny. Assuming a tenth for every 100 pounds is 1/2 second in the quarter. .5 seconds in the quarter is hardly destroying another car.

As far as my reading skills sonny, your post are insecure, immature, and grammar/spelling skills that make Jefro Clampett look like Einstein. I have two bachelors degrees and I'm a senior engineer with one of the largest AC/DC motor manufacturers in the world.

So "WTF" am I trying to prove. From the maturity level of your posts, I'd equate throwing peanuts at some chimp locked up in a cage to a verbal spar with you.
    oh man well i appoligize for questioning your reading capibility.
    yup silly ol' me i dont know a single thing. yea it figures i pull from a motor trend would you prefer a mustang power mag to make you feel good. i'm also glad you pulled such good times again hi five. i know i have bad grammar. but i'm not going to go cry in my room and wish i could spell like a spelling bee champ i dont give a shit. but dont talk to me about how mature you are becuase the fact is. we were talking about these two cars. i never questioned your maturity. but in response you make those comments attacking me. buddy i am a good writer believe it or not. but this is just a forum. a tech forum at that. if you want to nit pick at grammar and spelling..then go to proofreadmypaper.com becuase you sound like everyone else that when they get shown with evidence to discredit what they say..they start to attack the person or the car the person drives to make them feel good i guess but anyways. you said "03 up Z's put 350-360 SAE to the tire while 03/04 Cobras make a solid 365 plus." like i really ever questioned the z06 to cobra hp comparison. then you started talking about with a tune and a cai thats 400+ ..again i never said shit about that...not to mention you tune and throw on a cai..its no longer stock so it is irrelivent towards proving my point. and i could talk about factory beasts that have been strapped up to a dyno and made more power then factory claims. you being a senior engineer(which i think is cool) should know about build tolerances. and the effect it has on engine output numbers. believe it or not i'm not some pimply faced douche that watches F&F and thinks he knows about cars. i don;t know to much about c5 z06s but did you ever think that maybe that it to is under rated? but if he wanted to know about mods then post it in another post. not in one where we are disputing between something. it looked like you were trying to use that as leverage. but ok so thats say the z06 runs 12.4 and for a car that has more hp and such to be .5 slower in the 1/4 is being destroyed. you can think otherwise and thats fine. but who cares about .10 sec for every 100 pounds? that has nothing to do with the fact that the cobra has more hp as you stated and still lost. Can i use that if a van races and loses to a vette by 8 secs that oh man you didnt destroy me becuase if i weighed as little as you that sounds like ricer talk. its funny how i am actually one of the few that stand up for the cobras and respect the easy hp that the engine can get..and you try to "flame" me with shit i already said and that i know. but w/e hey if it makes you feel bigger and better mr. 2 bach degrees you can proof edit this post and repost it. i'll put in a good word for you.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    how tall are u soccerpimp09??? have u sat in both cars for comfort??? ive found that mustangs up untill the 05 and newer stangs didnt really fit me the way u sit in them....u sit up very high and feel like your in display or somthing ..if your 5'6 it may fit u great but im 6'1 and find the pre 05 stangs uncomfortable...just one more thing to think about....and how do u like your arm postion while shifting???? mine rests confortably on the center console where the stang your arm is kinda hangin there...the vette as well has a large center console and the shifter is at the same high as it so u can rest your arm on it inbetween shifting. Im happy ford corrected this problem in the new body style though ...took one for a ride a few mths before i came across my present car and nearly bought one......its to bad the NEW cobra is so dam heavy....woulda been a sick car at 33- 3500lbs 500 supercharged horses and selling around 40k or slightly less....o well
    man no kidding. i'd gut it completely. and try to trim all the weight i could. but to the 500's defense it is fast and it is very comfortable. it has all the creature comforts in a higher luxary car would have. so i would pimp the 500

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

C5 Z06s are a solid 12 second car with a few examples in the 11s stock or with tires. That is plenty quick enough in a straight line for a car that will also hold its own against exotics through the turns. Z06 hands down if you can afford either one...

silver
    2002 Z28 6MT

It boils down to what car YOU like. Any decent sports car can be made fast with enough $$$.

No sense getting a new Z06 after college IMO. For that kind of money, you can make your own truly sick Vette.

Like you I am not married to one brand of car. How is this for variety: 05 Ram 2500 Hemi, 05 Mini Copper S (wife), 02 Z28 (I had to buy one since they stopped making them), 86 Shelby GLHS (1 of 500 and not popular with Ford or Chevy guy's back in the day), 95 Dodge Intrepid (beater 203K)

BTW: Where is a curvy road in FLA? My sister in-law is in West Palm and I didn't see one.

Check out the road course at Moroso if you haven't. I saw a Lambo track day there, it was cool, also had a dragway.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I have driven many Mustangs from Saleens to Cobras as far back as 1993 model years. I have driven one Z06. By far the VETTE handles better and looks better. Even upgraded Mustangs seem to be sloppy handlers. Maybe its because of the seating position. I prefer the cockpit feel like the Camaro/Firebird/Vette!!

In A Jesus Christ pose.... on the banks of the Thames with Ratty and Mole.

hunter Green
    92 Camaro RS 350 Special

i belive the gentleman already made his decision as to what HE wants. So you can all just give it a rest lads.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

its not that it isnt a good idea, its just that the bottom end could take a shit on you. plus i dont remember what the z06's compression ratio is. but if a engine has high compression then just throwing a turbo on it isnt the best idea. it can lead to some serious problems. i'm not boost expert but i believe we have aluminum bottom end dont we or do we have steel? but its always a good idea to beef up the bottom end of a engine when your boosting. but the terminator has titanium bottom end i believe already, and if not titanium then its a really solid steel end. so it can take the abuse of boosting. if the ls7's compression wasnt so high it would be excellent to boost...that's why the 08 vette SS has a SC on it. becuase the internals are titanium and soild as hell for boosting, it is just a matter of changing the heads and such to lower the compression ratio. hope this helps.
    no the ls1 has an aluminum block whereas the cobra has an iron block. the iron block is suited more for the boost because it will handle more stress than an aluminum block. the ls1 has a compression ratio of 10.1, so if you boosted it the CR would be too high to run on pump gas and would run too hot to be streetable. the cobra motor has low compression 8.5 to 1 and forged internals so it can handle a fair amount of boost before it needs to be pulled and built.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information