Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

T tops leaking!!! HELP

This is a discussion on T tops leaking!!! HELP within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by transamgirl89 Well I took it out in the rain today and drove about 20 miles and got ...

  1. #21
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Well I took it out in the rain today and drove about 20 miles and got out and guess what.....MORE WATER IN THE FLOOR!!!! So now I had to take it to a dealer and they're going to do a water test and more than likely replace the T top trim. I can feel the money flying out of my wallet as we speak...... So wish I had a hard top right now.
    Would you believe this shit happens to hardtops?

  2. #22
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    dude, my buick leaks like a son of a bitch....the back door is bent, but the water collects up front...I never see any drips, just the soaked carpet

  3. #23
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    dude, my buick leaks like a son of a bitch....the back door is bent, but the water collects up front...I never see any drips, just the soaked carpet
    Sneaky sons a bitches aren't they. Had mine water tested yesterday and finally found the "real" leak. The weather stripping around the driver door is dry rotted and the trim is freaking expensive!

  4. #24
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    There are several sites, i cant remember the name of this one, but it only deals with t-top stuff. anyway, they sell seal kits for f-bodies, they run about $150 i think, and its every seal youll need.
    If you find those sites please let me know! They want like $400 just to do the driver side at the dealership plus labor costs!! Screw that I'll do it myself.

  5. #25
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Put your car outside and spray all the seals with lithium grease
    Let it sit and soak for a while
    puffs up the seals a little

  6. #26
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    youngsfbody
    here ya go babe
    Last edited by Cutlass; 01-01-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: removed non sponsor link

  7. #27
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Put your car outside and spray all the seals with lithium grease
    Let it sit and soak for a while
    puffs up the seals a little
    ok thanks I'll try that later this week.

  8. #28
    Senior Member bigrondownhiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,674

    Black
    1996 Camaro Z28 vert

    Maybe a sponsor here will have it. Otherwise hawks third gen parts has it.

  9. #29
    Senior Member JayTA98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3,351

    Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

    yeah weatherstripping is expensive. I had to align my windows and that took care of alot of the leak. Then it star to leak again. I removed all the plastic pieces around the t-top areas. I had a friend spray water and a small drop will show up in the side of the t-top facing the rear of the car. I end up removing all the are of the weatherstrip close to the t-top area. I cleaned the area, remove old slicone and reapply new black silicone and put it back together. This took care of my problem. The last time they leaked it was at the joint where the t-top seal and the car seal meet. I dodnt have the money to buy the seals yet so I just silicone them and no more leak.

    I cost about 300-350 dollars per door.

  10. #30
    Member transamgirl89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dacula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    555

    White
    2001 RS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    yeah weatherstripping is expensive. I had to align my windows and that took care of alot of the leak. Then it star to leak again. I removed all the plastic pieces around the t-top areas. I had a friend spray water and a small drop will show up in the side of the t-top facing the rear of the car. I end up removing all the are of the weatherstrip close to the t-top area. I cleaned the area, remove old slicone and reapply new black silicone and put it back together. This took care of my problem. The last time they leaked it was at the joint where the t-top seal and the car seal meet. I dodnt have the money to buy the seals yet so I just silicone them and no more leak.

    I cost about 300-350 dollars per door.
    HA! No kidding! It cost me $750 to get everything replaced. I had to get new jute under the carpet cause it was starting to mold, new weather stripping, and it turns out the main source of the leak was due to a shitty job of wiring in an underglow kit that was on the car when I bought it. The guy wired it through the interior trim on the driver side door so it made the trim shift out of place hence my wonderful water leak. So now they gotta rewire it how it was "supposed" to be done in the first place and hope it still works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. T-Tops Online is looking for t-tops and t-top parts..
    By t-topsonline in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 07:17 PM
  2. Got Tops? Quality Replacement T-Tops
    By t-topsonline in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 11:46 AM
  3. Got Tops? Quality Replacement T-Tops
    By t-topsonline in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 11:23 PM
  4. Got Tops? Quality Replacement T-Tops
    By t-topsonline in forum Sales and Group Purchases from our Great Sponsors!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 06:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •