Results 1 to 18 of 18

T-Top peeps - need a part name or part number

This is a discussion on T-Top peeps - need a part name or part number within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; The end cap, weather stripping thingies on my T-Tops have melted and need to be replaced. I need a part ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    T-Top peeps - need a part name or part number

    The end cap, weather stripping thingies on my T-Tops have melted and need to be replaced. I need a part name or part number to order a new set.

    Any ideas what these are and where I can get them? Please see the attached pics !

    Thanks!

    NY
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Check our sponsor GMPartsdirect. They should have it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Check our sponsor GMPartsdirect. They should have it.
    Have what. What's the part name or number.

    Thanks,

    NY

  4. #4
    COTM July '09
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,111

    BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

    Isn't that part glued onto the centrr bar? If so its possible you have to get the entire bar.
    I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

    My Cardomain Site My Fquick site Custom Installs

  5. #5
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Isn't that part glued onto the centrr bar? If so its possible you have to get the entire bar.
    If it was it isn't now !

    NY

  6. #6
    COTM July '09
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,111

    BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

    The part you need is #14 (molding, T-TOP ROOF)

    CD93400.gif

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-CAMARO-...5f01bc&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Mean Green Z28; 10-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    mine has been sticking out a little further than usual...im worried mine is getting ready to pop off like this one. Im assuming one that works for a camaro will also work for a TA?

  8. #8
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    mine has been sticking out a little further than usual...im worried mine is getting ready to pop off like this one. Im assuming one that works for a camaro will also work for a TA?
    I think the Texas heat finally got to mine. It's all melted and twisted.

    NY

  9. #9
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by NYKRINDFW View Post
    I think the Texas heat finally got to mine. It's all melted and twisted.

    NY
    thats basically the same thing mine is starting to do...

  10. #10
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    So I resolved this issue.

    A parts manager at a Chevy dealership hooked me up.

    First, he determined the part numbers, one PN for the front moulding and one for the rear:


    Front: 10248550 "CAP-RF/WD" (for the front moulding)
    Rear: 10248551

    Once he determined the PN's, he ran a report from the nationwide database that spit out about a dozen dealerships around the country that showed them in stock and the quantity. He printed both reports out for me. I called one dealership near me that had the front moulding and a different dealership that had the rear moulding. With TTL & shipping, I spent about $25 for **two sets of each part...**one for this go round and another set for future repairs. They were delivered in about a week.



    NY

  11. #11
    Senior Member theorangeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,434

    Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'15 Hemi Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by NYKRINDFW View Post
    So I resolved this issue.

    A parts manager at a Chevy dealership hooked me up.

    First, he determined the part numbers, one PN for the front moulding and one for the rear:


    Front: 10248550 "CAP-RF/WD" (for the front moulding)
    Rear: 10248551

    Once he determined the PN's, he ran a report from the nationwide database that spit out about a dozen dealerships around the country that showed them in stock and the quantity. He printed both reports out for me. I called one dealership near me that had the front moulding and a different dealership that had the rear moulding. With TTL & shipping, I spent about $25 for **two sets of each part...**one for this go round and another set for future repairs. They were delivered in about a week.



    NY
    awesome. thanks for the update!
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

  12. #12
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    OK, now a new problem.

    In order to install the mouldings the t-top bar between the t-tops has to be removed. I just removed the 8 screws and the bar won't budge.



    NY

  13. #13
    COTM July '09
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    1,111

    BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

    It may have some sealant applied. Youll have to gently pry it u

  14. #14
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    T-Top peeps - need a part name or part number

    Either pry on it or cut the sealant with a razor blade, then pry it up. You could also use a rubber mallet to loosen it.


    extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

  15. #15
    Member pv-camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Netherlands (europe)
    Posts
    139

    Light Pewter (11)
    2001 Camaro

    you could try a cuttingwire (nylon) or something like that.

  16. #16
    Junior Member NYKRINDFW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    39

    Light pewter metallic
    2000 Formula Ram Air

    So I finally got around to installing the new mouldings yesterday.

    You guys were right, there is a plastic lining that runs under the length of the t-top bar. I had to use several wooden tongue depressors to get underneath it and pry it up. The plastic lining has a sticky adhesive on both sides of it.

    Anyway, thanks again for your help LS1.com'ers!

    NY

  17. #17
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Glad you fixed the problem.

  18. #18
    Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    TEXAS... U mad?
    Posts
    6,158

    Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

    Quote Originally Posted by NYKRINDFW View Post
    So I finally got around to installing the new mouldings yesterday.

    You guys were right, there is a plastic lining that runs under the length of the t-top bar. I had to use several wooden tongue depressors to get underneath it and pry it up. The plastic lining has a sticky adhesive on both sides of it.

    Anyway, thanks again for your help LS1.com'ers!

    NY
    A guitar string works well for this also
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Probably, the next time I see her, whisper in her ear, "Lets not turn this rape into a murder."
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Let me know how that works out for you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help! I Need to find this part/part number!
    By BOILER_WS6 in forum Suspension and Handling
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
  2. Need Part Number Please
    By Tickwomp in forum General Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 01:12 AM
  3. I need a part number.
    By stephen02ws6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 04:42 PM
  4. looking for part number
    By adham in forum General Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 07:31 PM
  5. Need Part Number
    By Screamin Eagle in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 11:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •