Thread: t-top

red
    04 pontiac gto

t-top

i was wondering if there was a cover to go over just the t-top area so i dont have to take em off put em on everytime i park my car somewhere

navy blue
    2002 Z-28 Camaro M6

I haven't ever heard of or seen one-not a bad idea though. Maybe somebody could manufacture a fiberglass cover or vinyl soft top or something-is that what you were thinking?

red
    04 pontiac gto

ya like the material they use for a car cover but it only goes over lets say the winshield,widows and t top area.its kinda a pain in the ass to take em off then lets say go in a store or something and have to put them back on.cant trust people around here to just leave you tops off even though your windows are up,plus its also a good to keep out sand and stuff

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That's a good idea. Maybe you could rig one of those pop up windshield sun guards to keep stuff outta your TA

Black
    1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

While I don't know of any that does what your thinking of, but there's a DEI 580 motion sensor that rigs up to the factory alarm and it's adjustable range setting for field range. It works with or without the t-tops on.

Say you have the t-tops off and someone puts their hand in your window or from the top, the alarm goes off. It can be set to provide a big radius around the center of the car to very little radius.

red
    04 pontiac gto

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Chris
    While I don't know of any that does what your thinking of, but there's a DEI 580 motion sensor that rigs up to the factory alarm and it's adjustable range setting for field range. It works with or without the t-tops on.

Say you have the t-tops off and someone puts their hand in your window or from the top, the alarm goes off. It can be set to provide a big radius around the center of the car to very little radius.
    thats a good ida if i want to keep thieves out but doesnt really help with the dust from entering thats my main goal.i see they make them for a convertable i was wondering if i modded it somehow to make it work for t tops..just a thought here anyways but i would be nice to have something like this

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Just leave them out all the time and buy a vacuum cleaner.

White
    98 Trans Am

yeah, i love my t-tops and will always take em off no matter how much of a pain they are but i wish they were electric and we could just push a button and they would open back. I think my idea is better and also impossible

I thought of an idea however, for your problem. Well, you know those blinds that are like vinyl rolled up like a projector screen? You could maybe get 2 of those, if the roll part is thin enough, and put the roll under the headliner either in the center beam or in the back (above your headrest) so you pull each one across each t-top hole and they could hook in place and when you get back in your car you just unhook and they roll back in under the headliner! i've taken a headliner out and there might be enough space to do it. i was thinking about it to use w/ t-tops on cuz sun coming in heats the car too much. i was thinking of same thing for windsheild with rool inside a-pillar on passenger side and you just reach over and pull it across, i dont think it'll fit in the a-pillar. for t-top ones you could maybe do the same thing but insteat of a roll, a sheet of painted sheet metal with 2 guides on the sides for it to slide on. then it will protect from theft. and thiner than roll if roll dont fit but i dont know if it is possible for sheet to slide back into headliner w-out obstruction.

good luck.

Thread Information