Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Synthetic Oil Question

This is a discussion on Synthetic Oil Question within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; then all my cars would be ruined because i've used only pennzoil for the past 20 years.my ta has 95k ...

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

then all my cars would be ruined because i've used only pennzoil for the past 20 years.my ta has 95k on it and runs like new ,the camaro has 210k on it and the jeep has 95k.all on the big bad waxy oil

waxa on,waxa off

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Clueless...... I also have been running 175hp kit on a 4 cyl. that makes 95whp on the motor without blowing it up but THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!!! It only had 65 bottles through it though.
    How many times have you pulled the intake off and looked at the lifter valley?

Don't worry there will be plenty of that Pennzoil out there for you!!!
    Most of use will NEVER run it!!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

well my camaro with 210k on it still doesn't use oil and runs very good.no ticking or engine noises and good oil pressure.if pennzoil is like you say then i'm sure it would be ruined after 210k.trust me on this the old pennzoil is wax thing has been around since i was a kid and i'm 52.forgit about it,its not true.all of todays oils are very good.tell you what find some real proof and post it up here and i'll believe you.i'll bet you can't find anything but myths and bs.

now if we were talking about back in the early 70's i'd agree with you,but oils have changed drasticly since then.now they basicly all use the same stock and add additives to make their brand of oil.you really can't buy bad oil.
    Last edited by Rivi; 03-10-2007 at 08:06 AM.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

oh i forgot about my 88 gta ta.it had over 160k on it when the intake started leaking and it was pulled to replace the gaskets.looked like brand new,that was using pennzoil 5-30.

SOM
    2001 Z28 (Sara)

I use Royal Purple in both of my cars, and I change it every 10K, it still comes out clean.

SteveC

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

pennzoil dino is some of the worst shit you can use. have you ever looked at UOAs? i bet you use a fram filter too cuz you drive tough. lol

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    pennzoil dino is some of the worst shit you can use. have you ever looked at UOAs? i bet you use a fram filter too cuz you drive tough. lol
    show some proof,any of you can say this or that.proof talks bs walks.
    Last edited by Rivi; 03-11-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rivi View Post
    show some proof,any of you can say this or that.proof talks bs walks.
    i have seen so many cars come in to the dealership where i work and seen the inside of their engine and just like LS2tuner stated, you can tell when pennzoil has been run for awhile in that engine just by looking. and as far as proof, search the for the thread "I'm an oil junkie" by Sarge. you'll learn alot about what oil does what. read it, its only 23 pages long.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    i have seen so many cars come in to the dealership where i work and seen the inside of their engine and just like LS2tuner stated, you can tell when pennzoil has been run for awhile in that engine just by looking. and as far as proof, search the for the thread "I'm an oil junkie" by Sarge. you'll learn alot about what oil does what. read it, its only 23 pages long.
    thats not proof,what you see says nothing.anything could be run in those engines.proof is a long term test like me using pennzoil over 200k and never having a problem.

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Well as long as you're quoting Sarge he responded to one of my earlier posts that Pennzoil Platinum synthetic is as good as Amsoil synthetic and better than Mobil 1. So much for the Pennzoil is full of wax debate.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Goatdriver View Post
    Well as long as you're quoting Sarge he responded to one of my earlier posts that Pennzoil Platinum synthetic is as good as Amsoil synthetic and better than Mobil 1. So much for the Pennzoil is full of wax debate.
    we are talking about pennzoil conventional. not platinum. look at my other posts. i said pennzoil platinum is good shit, i know it's on par with amsoil, which is what i use in my Z. i am using pennzoil platinum in my truck right now. the conventional is not very good for your engine.

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

No problemo and I know what you're talking about as the wax rumors have been around a long time. I know that years ago Pennzoil and I think Quaker State had some issues with their oil gumming up engines but oil has improved greatly and the next time I change oil on my GTO I'm putting Pennzoil Platinum in along with Valvoline-SOT. I can get PP at Wal-Mart cheaper than Mobil 1 and it's better oil so what the heck.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Goatdriver View Post
    No problemo and I know what you're talking about as the wax rumors have been around a long time. I know that years ago Pennzoil and I think Quaker State had some issues with their oil gumming up engines but oil has improved greatly and the next time I change oil on my GTO I'm putting Pennzoil Platinum in along with Valvoline-SOT. I can get PP at Wal-Mart cheaper than Mobil 1 and it's better oil so what the heck.
    yeah, i'm gonna auto-rx mine and put some valvoline-SOT in with the amsoil. no hard feelings

spice red metallic
    2006 GTO

Yeah it's all good and I'm not gonna start any wars over oil cause everyone has their personal favorite. When Sarge posted some info on Pennzoil Platinum it did surprise me that he rated it as good as Amsoil and better than Mobil 1. I know many people here have posted that Mobil 1 isn't what it used to be but with the bad rap that Pennzoil has taken in the past it did surprise me how well the PP tested out and knowing that it's just about as good as Amsoil I'll buy the cheaper stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information