Blue
    2001 Corvette

Swapping to LS6 PCV system?

I work at a dealer and recently i swapped in a ls1 motor to a TA, well the way gm shippes them is weird, i got it will corvette oil pan, ls6 vally cover, ls6 valve covers, and corvette balancer, so i had to swap all that stuff over, my question is if i wanted to swap the ls6 valve and vally covers over there wouldnt be any issues right? Reason why? Help with oil consumption, also makes a catch can look nicer, and easier to set up. Less hoses in the engine bay. I prob wouldnt buy this stuff to do it, but since its free why not can only benifit right? (also have some intake gaskets i never used in my box)

What do you guys think? Must be a reason GM switched to this style right?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

You might want to try re-typing the entire paragraph. It makes no sense at all.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

So the motor came with the LS6 valley cover...if I'm following you here...and you're asking if you should use it or not??

If that is in fact your question (its hard to decipher your post) then by all means use the LS6 valley cover. Its a much better design and will reduce oil consumption as compared to the stock LS1 PCV system.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

it is better because it pulls crankcase pressure out of the valley instead of through the valve covers. there is very little oil in the valley area. the rockers are throwing oil all over the place in the valve covers which is why there is so much consumption.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

It does make setting up a catch can easier but won't always help with oil consumption. I have one and got just as much oil in the intake as before installing it. Normally I'd say don't bother but since it's free go ahead.

Thread Information