Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sudden misfire..

This is a discussion on Sudden misfire.. within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Futher update: I ordered my rebuild kit earlier today should be in in the mourning.. I'm having my stuff delivered ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Futher update: I ordered my rebuild kit earlier today should be in in the mourning.. I'm having my stuff delivered so I can get cracking in the tear down.. I just can't have both my toys torn apart.. 3800 is far less complex than the DTC so hope to have her back up and running by this weekend..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it's the dexcool.

sorry to hear about the bad luck. Those and the 4.3's are just gasket eaters. Good motors other than that.
    no dexcool in there I went old green.. 4.3? ehh thanks brudda..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Pulling the motor or rebuilding top end in the car? Do the 3800's come out the top fairly easy? Just curious.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Pulling the motor or rebuilding top end in the car? Do the 3800's come out the top fairly easy? Just curious.
    I thought about both so it's in the air till tommorrow I guess till I see what I got under it all. If it is a rebuild the motor will come out cradle and all from the bottom.. My engine actually sits a relatively good distance further under the cowl (because I'm missing 2 cyl.) than the ls1 powered f-bods. It can be done from the top but easier out the bottom.. Not to mention you know me by now and my fit and finish issues
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Parts not in they loaded them on the wrong truck out of DC.. ugh

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Parts not in they loaded them on the wrong truck out of DC.. ugh

I'm still awaiting parts to finish my stuff up. Know the feeling.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I'm still awaiting parts to finish my stuff up. Know the feeling.
    minor set back is all, I just want to get going while I have a little time. Work has me ragged man everyone and their uncle has a snow thrower needing repair.. Seen my share of snow plows too (can't imagine why cough lol). I'm just beat you know how that goes..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Exclamation

Well here's an update if you can call it that.. The so called "COMPLETE" top-end gasket set from FP did'nt come with the composite gaskets. Which just so happens to be the very gaskets I went in there to change. I got it apart down to the valley then opened the kit to get out the new composites to compare them to the old ones. No dice.........*sigh* I even shook the empty box like an idiot, shake dur shake dur shake shake dur...

They still were not in there......................
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-17-2010 at 03:17 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

part 2: The auto parts took the kit back and we looked it up on their comp and sure enough it shows (blow up veiw) the gaskets. But as said they did'nt make it to the box. They took the kit back and are replacing it. I can pick it up tomorrow so all in all just another minor f'n set back..
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-17-2010 at 07:35 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Okay! Finally! I got the replacement gasket kit this time not missing anything. Here's the trouble area of my motor these are the 2 old gaskets next to a new one. Notice the areas on the factory gasket that are missing. These areas just fell apart and were allowing coolant to get into #5. Soon there would have been even more of a coolant issue as both gaskets have damage..

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yikes!!!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Yikes!!!
    Yeah sucks car has around 80k and the old gaskets look like they were peeled out of a 150k motor.. WTF GM!!

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Probably one of those "cost-cutting" measures. We know how it is. Make cheap parts and hope for the best. Not all of us car owners keep our cars stock.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Probably one of those "cost-cutting" measures. We know how it is. Make cheap parts and hope for the best. Not all of us car owners keep our cars stock.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Double yikes! Even though this is an unexpexted PITA, at least you are not chasing a mystery leak. Plus, you are probably like me and will take the opportunity to clean up the engine bay even more while things are apart.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Double yikes! Even though this is an unexpexted PITA, at least you are not chasing a mystery leak. Plus, you are probably like me and will take the opportunity to clean up the engine bay even more while things are apart.
    Tell me about it bro definetly a PITA. My arms are completely ripped up from working almost exclusively under the cowl. Damn' little pointed push pins sticking down under there everywere.

Funny you would mention the cleaning part. Check out my appearance thread, "something in blue"..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Tell me about it bro definetly a PITA. My arms are completely ripped up from working almost exclusively under the cowl. Damn' little pointed push pins sticking down under there everywere.

Funny you would mention the cleaning part. Check out my appearance thread, "something in blue"..
    Will check it out.

First thing I do when I go under the hood is push the pins out with the flat blade of a screwdriver. I shredded myself when I swapped out the heater hoses last spring. The car still makes me bleed though - cut my thumb tonight cleaning the gasket surface on the head before re-installing the rocker cover.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Angry Update to top end saga.....:suicide:

I ordered new heads this past Mon. as some of you well know. Well here's a quick run first they gave me a "complete cough" gasket set that was missing 2 key gaskets. Had to wait for them to be shipped from DC. way. Returned them and they replaced the set with a new set.. So fast forward to this past Monday, I ordered a set of new complete cylinder heads, pay the the rediculas overage for "expidited" shipping on each head. They were supposed to arive today.. Well no such luck. So I call the place I ordered my heads from only to find out my order never got placed in the manner I spoke of above. Turns out they were shipped @ a lower level of expeediance and shipped to the store in which there is now no record of the heads being payed for. Now I'm pissed to hear this as you may imagine. I effin' payed cash and have the receipt to back it up. "Unglued" is a good word to decribe the turn in my additude on the phone after hearing this.. Now I have to go get them myself and get a refund of the shipping, and I managed to get some $$ knocked off the retail.. We shall see if it comes to pass tomorrow.... A project that should have only taken MAYBE 3 days start to finish is now going on 2 weeks... *end of rant*

*picture Smittro shooting self in both feet cuz hell just one abviously is'nt good enough*
    Last edited by Smittro; 02-24-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Exactly why most of my car related projects are without time expectations. Took 4 separate orders to get the check valves right after we first bought the car, 2 orders to get the right rocker cover gaskets, etc...

Thankfully, our site sponsors always seem to get it right. It's the local stuff that kills me. Keep us posted and don't forget to add pics as you go.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Exactly why most of my car related projects are without time expectations. Took 4 separate orders to get the check valves right after we first bought the car, 2 orders to get the right rocker cover gaskets, etc...

Thankfully, our site sponsors always seem to get it right. It's the local stuff that kills me. Keep us posted and don't forget to add pics as you go.
    I hear that. I've been dealing with this particular Advance for years (know everyone) I even went to school with some of them so they know me well there. I've put more money through their branch store in the past 2 years alone then some of thier noobs make all year.. Lets just say their on it for now and we'll see what tomorrow holds.. But you know I'll get them pics up lol I usually go maybe too far (says wifey) to take step by step pics just so I can post them for you guys and the new guys trying to fix/build a 6..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information