Stuttering problem

This is a discussion on Stuttering problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Hi, does anyone know why my 95 LT1 formula might be spitting and sputterring on occation above 45mph or so, ...

00vettecovert03red

Stuttering problem

Hi, does anyone know why my 95 LT1 formula might be spitting and sputterring on occation above 45mph or so, the car has completly stalled three times and doesnt want to start for about ten minutes, I have noted an increase in fuel tank pressure twice when I released the gas cap. I have replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the external pressure release but that didnt help. One shop told me may be fuel pump with mild low pressure reads. Another shop says dont change the pump yet. I bought a racetronixs system but want to be sure it wont disappoint. The car really spits and sputters at only heavy excelleration, and usually starts well. Any ideas. Oh yeah, I did change the plugs too.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Angry

i have no idea, but my car does something similar, from cold start i have to hold the rpms to about 1200 for about 15 - 30 seconds, then everything is fine, any ideas? thanks to all that help.

fuel filter?

Hello me meet the real me NOSSLP's Avatar
    fuel pressure regulator?

Hello me meet the real me NOSSLP's Avatar
    chipmunk in your fuel tank?

00vettecovert03red
    The chipmunk must be what is messing with my golfgame too. Is there a way to check a bad regulator? The seriousness of the problem is that if there is no or low fuel, the pistons could burn through.

Thread Information