Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

stumble when accelerate/rough idle

This is a discussion on stumble when accelerate/rough idle within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by godless-phoenix should i spray it with maf cleaner or throttle body cleaner? thanks for the tip on ...

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by godless-phoenix View Post
    should i spray it with maf cleaner or throttle body cleaner? thanks for the tip on not pulling it btw haha
    Maf cleaner is designed for cleaning electrical sensors, so I'd go with that. Contact cleaner would work as well.

Blackened fire chicken
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    Maf cleaner is designed for cleaning electrical sensors, so I'd go with that. Contact cleaner would work as well.
    ok, ive got a little maf cleaner left so ill use that and see what happens, probably do it tonight, if not, saturday...for some reason i have a feeling its those cheap $20 ebay O2 sensors i bought/installed last year, so im still going to take it in to get checked out on tuesday.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by godless-phoenix View Post
    ok, ive got a little maf cleaner left so ill use that and see what happens, probably do it tonight, if not, saturday...for some reason i have a feeling its those cheap $20 ebay O2 sensors i bought/installed last year, so im still going to take it in to get checked out on tuesday.
    Very well could be. You could always swap them out really quick for some boschs at the store. If that still doesn't fix it, return them.

Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Sounds like what is happening to mine at the moment. Just started out of the blue.... when it got hot it would lean out and flash from rich to lean fuel pressure guage never moved stayed at 60. I still havent figured it out....if you do please let me know. my car has made me pull over and let cool for about 30 min before i can drive off again.

Blackened fire chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_01_Z28 View Post
    Sounds like what is happening to mine at the moment. Just started out of the blue.... when it got hot it would lean out and flash from rich to lean fuel pressure guage never moved stayed at 60. I still havent figured it out....if you do please let me know. my car has made me pull over and let cool for about 30 min before i can drive off again.
    yeah same here...just started out of the blue few weeks ago...feels like it might stall when i come to a stop, idles rough, then when i accelerate from a stop hesitates for a second, then is fine afterward. its on and off, no check engine light either..im spending $100 for the mechanic to figure it out, and he better for $100, haha

98 Formula
    06 duramax

any exhaust leaks pre-O2 sensors? Also, I may have missed it but have you checked for vacuum leaks? Specifically the pcv hose where it bends to go into the intake on the passenger side? That hose likes to crack in the back of that bend.

Blackened fire chicken

have not checked any of those things...but i don't think theres an exhaust leak pre-cat or a vacuum leak. the reason why i say this is because it only starts after the car is warmed up and it comes and goes...could be wrong though.

Black SS and grey Mach1
    00 SS and 04 Mach1

Sounds like it is loading up at idle. fuel trim could be off due to o2s. or duet unmettered air leak.

Blackened fire chicken

so, took my car in to the mechanic yesterday...couldnt really duplicate the issue (of course) but he did find that my boot was cracked on the #3 cylinder spark plug wire. he told me to change out my plugs and wires and see what happens, even though i replaced them last march. anyway, i had a set of extra msd wires just in case something like this happened, and replaced the cracked wire with a new one, and the problem got worse! go figure...so next tuesday, ill be changing out all the plugs and wires with ngktr55 plugs and msd wires, and i also bought a set of taylor boot protectors. hopefully this fixes my problems...it's definitely more noticeable now. seems like its detonating or misfiring...oh well.

blue
    2001 silverado

Thats strange. You need a good scanner. I say that with what a good scanner cost get HPtuners. Then you.can see what cylinders misfire and what volts the 02 sensors read while it misfires

Plus tune your car hehe

Blackened fire chicken

they shops tuner proly wont be in until friday...i was gonna go back there if he was there to get my idle bumped up to 750rpms, cause right now its at like 600-650 rpms. if hes not there this friday, it will give me time to change my plugs next tuesday, and and if that doesnt work, hell probably be there next friday and he can figure it out, otherwise im stumped and i wasted time and money changing the plugs and wires if theyre not bad. and ill be pissed. haha

98 Formula
    06 duramax

make sure those boots are snapping into place on both ends.....should be able to hear it click although I've sometimes had them to where you could feel them but not really hear them click into place. Sounds like plugs and wires would be a good place to start if you have a cracked wire. Check that plug over too real good. Also, get some di-electric grease to put in those boots. I do it on every wire both ends when I do plugs/wires.

Blackened fire chicken

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    make sure those boots are snapping into place on both ends.....should be able to hear it click although I've sometimes had them to where you could feel them but not really hear them click into place. Sounds like plugs and wires would be a good place to start if you have a cracked wire. Check that plug over too real good. Also, get some di-electric grease to put in those boots. I do it on every wire both ends when I do plugs/wires.
    i can hear it click when i put them on the coils, but i never really hear a click when i put them on the plug end. they feel like they're on there pretty good. i did reuse my "old" wires the last time i changed plugs and wires...could be the wires are just old/bad. guess ill find out after i replace them all...ill keep you posted, thanks orion

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

You should feel a click if they aren't worn out. Use some dielectric grease too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information