Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

strange clicks and cluth issue?

So howdy all,,
    Need help once again while my sphincter is tigheten due to my baby being sick.

So A few weeks ago I could of sworn my manual tranny and cluth had an issue. All of a sudden I could not get it into gear,,,now sometimes I know if I dont put the cluth all the way to the floor its due to me, but this time for like 10 mins I had issues. I know this was not because my foot was not far enough down, so the days went on and it never happened again,
    now I began to notice that when in reverse backing up in driveway (low rpm back up that is) some clicking is heard and this is with my wheels turned all the way to one side, but not always.

So what have I dont lately to toe camaro gods to piss them off,,
    Well a year ago I downshifted way to many gears,,over reved it,,the butchers toll was 2 bent push rods and 2 bent valves,,,I remedied that and in the mean time one alternator blowing due to leaking PS pump related stuff,,turned out it was a leaking PS cooler that caused the PS fluid to get water in it causing lock up. So now no PS cooler, small fluid cooler installed in place of PS cooler,,PS issues resolved and then a few weeks later,,,,The above is happening.

PS,,,my hydralic clutch device was replaced with the better one when I had a cluth jon years back. Also I wonder if all I need it so bleed the clutch system. But the clicks I hear wow,,that is amazing,,No clicks when its up on jacks and being turned back and forth,,,maybe the water that hot into my PS fluid is causing the clicks in the Rack and pinion area,,not sure,,

ANY feed back would be great,,,
    PS,,sorry about the novel,,but better to get it all out so you tech eez can help me out,,,thanks all

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

does the clutch slip at all when you give her hell? ive seen the springs on the clutch disc itself break, and sometimes get wedged in there which will cause it not wanting to completly dis engage, and would somewhat explain your having to put the pedal to the floor just to shift.

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    does the clutch slip at all when you give her hell? ive seen the springs on the clutch disc itself break, and sometimes get wedged in there which will cause it not wanting to completly dis engage, and would somewhat explain your having to put the pedal to the floor just to shift.
    My Clutch hooks up awesome. No Clutch Slippage issues at all. No power issues at all.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

hmm, ,maybe a pilot bearing is cracked/broken??

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

When you hear the clicking noise, does it come from the front, middle or rear of the car? because if the noise is from the rear, it could be the diff chattering a little. Could be a worn trans mount causing the torque arm to hit the floorboard, or could be a stabilizer link in the front is worn or loose. And I agree with having the clutch bled. Is the fluid in the clutch reservoir black? Have the power steering bled and filled with fresh power steering fluid or automatic trans fluid. Keep us posted.

Thread Information