Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

stock exhaust & Y-pipe sounds good!

So a while back i heard my exhaust rattle...I finally got it up on some ramps and found that my SLP Loudmouth muffler was CRACKED!!! it was litterally cracked almost all the way around (other than an inch)!!! so i contacted SLP, theyre going to send me a new muffler, and in the meantime, im going to just run the factory headers& y-pipe, and stop there... I was amazed how good it sounds! i know that its not legal, but man it sounds just as good as the LM. I've had the SLP on for around 5 months now, maybe 2k miles... once i get the new muffler, im thinking of selling it. If you know anyone who wants a great sounding catback exhaust LET ME KNOW!!

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

the loudmouth 1 is not a muffler it's a resonator. and without cats it's horrible way too loud.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by wantaLS1 View Post
    So a while back i heard my exhaust rattle...I finally got it up on some ramps and found that my SLP Loudmouth muffler was CRACKED!!! it was litterally cracked almost all the way around (other than an inch)!!! so i contacted SLP, theyre going to send me a new muffler, and in the meantime, im going to just run the factory headers& y-pipe, and stop there... I was amazed how good it sounds! i know that its not legal, but man it sounds just as good as the LM. I've had the SLP on for around 5 months now, maybe 2k miles... once i get the new muffler, im thinking of selling it. If you know anyone who wants a great sounding catback exhaust LET ME KNOW!!
    haha yeah man it does sound pretty good. The only thing is when you let off the gas it makes a real bad crackling like noise. Almost like you have a really bad rattle (at least it did on mine). Try going a step further and just ditching the Y-pipe all together. That's what I'm running right now and it sounds great IMO. Here's what it looks like...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

^^^^thats gotta be really raspy

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

yeah, i was actually trying to get that damn ypipe off, but the damn thing wont come off...i realized today after driving it for about 30 mins, that my carpet right above where the end of the ypipe would be started to get really warm...started to scare the sh!t out of me! maybe ill pull the ypipe off and get some piped to angle the exhaust down?!?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    haha yeah man it does sound pretty good. The only thing is when you let off the gas it makes a real bad crackling like noise. Almost like you have a really bad rattle (at least it did on mine). Try going a step further and just ditching the Y-pipe all together. That's what I'm running right now and it sounds great IMO. Here's what it looks like...

Click for full size
    Dang I bet that is loud on the inside lol

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    the loudmouth 1 is not a muffler it's a resonator. and without cats it's horrible way too loud.
    yeah i can imagine that it would sound crazy without cats...I heard a video of the LM with LT's, i really want to ditch it once i get LT's now...sounds so raspy! but until then, i think it sounds really good with everything else stock!

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I'll try to get video i bring the car home today from storage. glad to have better/warmer weather and the salt washed off the road for sure!

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    I'll try to get video i bring the car home today from storage. glad to have better/warmer weather and the salt washed off the road for sure!
    What exhaust do you have??

Yesterday i finally got the ypipe off, so now im running the same setup as splitfinger, it sounds AWESOME!! Ill have to post some pics/videos

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

i have lt headers/cam/ory 1 cat with no muffler to dual 3 1/2" tips and it sounds great. it is a little raspy in the mid range but at idle and wot there is nothing like the sound of it.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    ^^^^thats gotta be really raspy
    Honestly it really isn't. It sounds like open headers, deep and really loud.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    Dang I bet that is loud on the inside lol
    O its not quiet.

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

Yeah i agree, it is very deep and VERY loud.

Thread Information