Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Still sitting on the SVT/SLP fence

This is a discussion on Still sitting on the SVT/SLP fence within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I got mine for $8000 and it needed 2 new tires (I replaced all four though) and a small tear ...

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

I got mine for $8000 and it needed 2 new tires (I replaced all four though) and a small tear in the driver's seat. It has all the options.

Also, a word on the brakes; I wasn't too impressed with the stock brakes, and the first thing I did was put better rotors and pads on it.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

I would take an 03 cobra over an ls1 almost anyday......... LS1 has more bang for the buck and looks better IMO.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    I would take an 03 cobra over an ls1 almost anyday......... LS1 has more bang for the buck and looks better IMO.
    So why own your second LS1? Not a flame, but I know you've posted a whole list a mods that you've planned to spend like $14k on for your car.

I'm not a forced induction kinda guy, so I'll be doing heads/cam/etc on my SS as soon as funds allow.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    So why own your second LS1? Not a flame, but I know you've posted a whole list a mods that you've planned to spend like $14k on for your car.

I'm not a forced induction kinda guy, so I'll be doing heads/cam/etc on my SS as soon as funds allow.
    They were almost impossable to find and alot more expensive than the f-bodies I looked at. I dont want half my money going for a car payment and insurance and for the difference in price I can get the LS1 to run alot faster. I tried the head/cam route already. Thought Id got a different direction this time.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    They were almost impossable to find and alot more expensive than the f-bodies I looked at. I dont want half my money going for a car payment and insurance and for the difference in price I can get the LS1 to run alot faster. I tried the head/cam route already. Thought Id got a different direction this time.
    Nothing wrong with that...good luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime

I owned 2 LS1, and 1 LT1 cars before i bought an 03 Cobra.

I think heads and a cam are a great idea for the LS1. I like the STS kits too. I looked at one of those for my 02 SS.

Tom

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cartert75
    I owned 2 LS1, and 1 LT1 cars before i bought an 03 Cobra.

I think heads and a cam are a great idea for the LS1. I like the STS kits too. I looked at one of those for my 02 SS.

Tom
    Id go with a turbo setup but im just not convinced there are any out there near as reliable as the superchargers out for f-bods right now.

Heads/Cam is a really good Idea on an f-bod. A real good head/cam combo can net you 450hp and get you into the mid-low 11's. Just dont plan on head/cam being the only thing your going to spend money on. Got to take into account the fuel system, suspension and how long that rear/tranny is going to last at that power level. It gets expensive fast at that point!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information