Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

STILL not getting gas

This is a discussion on STILL not getting gas within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by ls1camino Just sent them an email now. did you re-check the ground for the hotwire kit?...

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Just sent them an email now.
    did you re-check the ground for the hotwire kit?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I talked to Tech Support from Racetronix last night. The guy told me that Walbro (sp?) hasn't offered a warranty since 2004, but if was to send it back to Racetronix, they MAY honor an in-house warranty.

The guy was very persistant about if I had installed it correctly. He went into a lot of detail, which I understand. He went all balistic on me when I told him that I had cut the stock clip to get to the fuel level sender wires. He was like, "We provide you a paper clip." I don't see where doing what I did would make a performance fuel pump die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    did you re-check the ground for the hotwire kit?
    It's grounded to the frame by the bolt that holds the brake lines to the frame. I even sanded it down to bare metal.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I talked to Tech Support from Racetronix last night. The guy told me that Walbro (sp?) hasn't offered a warranty since 2004, but if was to send it back to Racetronix, they MAY honor an in-house warranty.

The guy was very persistant about if I had installed it correctly. He went into a lot of detail, which I understand. He went all balistic on me when I told him that I had cut the stock clip to get to the fuel level sender wires. He was like, "We provide you a paper clip." I don't see where doing what I did would make a performance fuel pump die.

It's grounded to the frame by the bolt that holds the brake lines to the frame. I even sanded it down to bare metal.
    kinda sucks that they dont offer a warranty cuz i just put mine in too. hopefully it works out for ya. do you still have your stock fuel pump that you can use till they send you a new one?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

was the paper clip to hard to figure out or something?

I would imagine that's all they'd need to not cover the pump in all seriousness. What brought you to the conclusion it was the pump that was bad? How did you test the pump?

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    was the paper clip to hard to figure out or something?

I would imagine that's all they'd need to not cover the pump in all seriousness. What brought you to the conclusion it was the pump that was bad? How did you test the pump?
    There is power going to it, but it's not even priming the system when you turn the key.

Silver & Black
    99 Camaro SS

There is nothing more frustrating than buying some new Hi-Pro stuff that duds out!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

There is power going to it, but it's not even priming the system when you turn the key.
    I know we beat this to death, but do you have power AND GROUND at the pump, correct? The only reason I'm asking is because you didn't have fuel pressure with the old original pump and now you're having the same problem with the new racetronix pump.

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    I know we beat this to death, but do you have power AND GROUND at the pump, correct? The only reason I'm asking is because you didn't have fuel pressure with the old original pump and now you're having the same problem with the new racetronix pump.
    Yes.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Ok good. Sounds like you have it nailed down then. Good luck!!

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I GOT IT!!!

It was a bad ground...I traced it all the way back to the ground I used for my Ram Air Lights. I didn't tape around it, so it was touching part of the chassis.

Granted it sucks that I'm now out $166 that I spent on another Racetronix Fuel Pump...anyone want a brand new, never been run Racetronix Fuel Pump?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

hehe...I had a feeling...

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

It was a bad ground...I traced it all the way back to the ground I used for my Ram Air Lights. I didn't tape around it, so it was touching part of the chassis.

I'm confused -- if a ground wire is bare and touches the chassis, it shouldn't be a problem. The wire goes to ground, the chassis is grounded, ground is therefore touching ground.

Also... a short ground run using wire at least as heavy gauge as the power feed to the pump is best. It sounds like you have a long wire run on the pump ground.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I GOT IT!!!

Granted it sucks that I'm now out $166 that I spent on another Racetronix Fuel Pump...anyone want a brand new, never been run Racetronix Fuel Pump?
    hmmmmmm

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I GOT IT!!!

For free?? Sure, send it this way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information