Stiffer valvesprings

This is a discussion on Stiffer valvesprings within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Okay, so I plan on going with a more aggresive cam. I'll be swapping out my valvesprings, retainers and pushrods ...

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Stiffer valvesprings

Okay, so I plan on going with a more aggresive cam. I'll be swapping out my valvesprings, retainers and pushrods for sure. My question is that I hear after you install stiffer springs, you need to make sure the car is fully warmed up good before hitting high rpm's, or else I could go breaking springs.

How true is this?
    What is "fully warmed up"?
    I don't plan on redlining it that often.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Not a good idea to beat on any car until it's warmed up. I generally try to keep the rpms under 3,000 till it's warmed up. I've got a TR224 cam with Comp 918s for about 4 years now. No problems.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

with the steel materials that are used to make springs these days, there is no need to get them warmed up. it is a good idea to get the motor to operating temps so as not to scar the cylinder walls.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Okay, seeing that I don't want to jack something up with my engine, and have no experience with going with a more aggressive cam/springs...how long does it take to get to "operating temperatures"?

Thread Information