Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Starting problem

This is a discussion on Starting problem within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; mine does the EXACT same thing, on occation when l turn the key to make the dash lights come on, ...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

mine does the EXACT same thing, on occation when l turn the key to make the dash lights come on, the security light will be blinking. on the first start it wont fire, then the security light will go off or be solid(not blink) and the car will start without hesitation, it has to do with the VATS system on mine. its too difficult to fix and it wouldnt be worth the trouble

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

subscribed! My car does the same thing as well. I always starts first shot in the morning. Then its hit or miss throughout the day but always starts on the second shot.

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    mine does the EXACT same thing, on occation when l turn the key to make the dash lights come on, the security light will be blinking. on the first start it wont fire, then the security light will go off or be solid(not blink) and the car will start without hesitation, it has to do with the VATS system on mine. its too difficult to fix and it wouldnt be worth the trouble
    Yeah I tried the same just to be sure, and whether my security light was on or off it did the same thing.

Just to give an update, the dealership is going ahead and replacing the whole thing, fuel pump and regulator and all, on Friday morning. I'm thinking it will be the end of the problem, but I will let you all know.

And I know all about keeping the 1/4 tank in the gas tank, I've done that in all my vehicles, including my former 97 Firebird and 95 Z28

Pewter
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

And the final update...problem is solved. Fuel pump and regulator were replaced...they said it is all part of the same assembly in that car...whether that's true or not I have no idea, nor do I really care because it was no money out of my pocket, lol.

Pewter
    2001 M6

Well I will be replacing mine too to see if that fixes mine thanks for the update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information