Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SSRA Cold air scoop

This is a discussion on SSRA Cold air scoop within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by rbob93 ^^You don't have to believe him. You also don't have to be a dick about not ...

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    ^^You don't have to believe him. You also don't have to be a dick about not believing him.

In the 10 years I've been on this board have read many threads about engines getting hydrolocked while using the Fast Toys setup, which is similar to the SLP.
    I had contemplated getting one myself, but with the heavy rains here in Florida I changed my mind.
    All you need is the right puddle for it to happen.

I might add that Joshie isn't in the habit of throwing bullshit out in the tech section of this board. He always tries to give expert assistance & good advice, & has been a help to a great many here at LS1.com.
    Lighten up dude.
    And for you! You should stick to THE ALMOST ANYTHING GOES section and keep talking about STAR TREK, LOL.
    Last edited by nillam1; 05-20-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Thanks bro

Sometimes I get bent out of shape about it too. Its easier for me to piss someone off and hope they listen then to have to help them later when the worst has happened.... kinda hence the ink. lol
    Hey Joshie, have you read some of rbob93's posts? Are you sure you wanna be associated with him? LMFAO!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    ^^You don't have to believe him. You also don't have to be a dick about not believing him.

In the 10 years I've been on this board have read many threads about engines getting hydrolocked while using the Fast Toys setup, which is similar to the SLP.
    I had contemplated getting one myself, but with the heavy rains here in Florida I changed my mind.
    All you need is the right puddle for it to happen.

I might add that Joshie isn't in the habit of throwing bullshit out in the tech section of this board. He always tries to give expert assistance & good advice, & has been a help to a great many here at LS1.com.
    Lighten up dude.
    I fail to see where it's your job to rescue joshiedoom from anything. nillam1 is entitled to his opinion the same as anyone else without you guys tag teaming him and name calling. I don't know the circumstances behind Eric1987 even though he admits it was a pretty nice sized puddle and hydrolocking the car but I do know the circumstances behind Dr. Crash and they were in no way related to any form of sucking water through the lid so yes, he is throwing bullshit out there to make his argument appear more valid by using examples that aren't related to the ram air. There are 2 sides to this argument and I've seen them both debated time and again. Still doesn't make nillam1 a "dick" for arguing his point.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    Hey Joshie, have you read some of rbob93's posts? Are you sure you wanna be associated with him? LMFAO!
    this type of posting won't be tolerated either. If you guys can't debate civil without making it personal I'll make it personal for all parties involved.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    this type of posting won't be tolerated either. If you guys can't debate civil without making it personal I'll make it personal for all parties involved.
    To quote my good ol' buddy JOHN J. "THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD, THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD" I am all for civil debates!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    To quote my good ol' buddy JOHN J. "THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD, THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD" I am all for civil debates!
    2 wrongs don't make a right. Just keep it civil and everyone can debate it until they're blue in the face. I just don't want this getting personal.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Thanks everyone for the information. I think im gonna pass on the ssra, because i drive the car a lot and i don't want to hydro it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information