squeaky driver door

This is a discussion on squeaky driver door within the General Help forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; so my driver door squeaks like crazy when i open and shut it. i do the usual lithium grease on ...

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

1999 Z/28 M6

squeaky driver door

so my driver door squeaks like crazy when i open and shut it. i do the usual lithium grease on it to shut it up for a while...but that's not a real fix. a real fix as far as i can figure is what i see done on so many other vehicles...pins and bushings. however...i can't find anything. well...i take that back...i did find this...

Camaro Parts | 1993-2002 | 91-02 CAMARO/FIREBIRD, 91-96 CAPRICE/IMPALA SS HINGE REPAIR SET (GREASEABLE) | Classic Industries

but sweet freakin christ who wants to pay that bloody much! i mean seriously...i went out and looked but i didn't pay that much attention...are our door hinges actually welded onto the door itself? what a piss poor design if that's the case.

are there any other kits out there to fix our doors? does anyone have any suggestions or any fixes that they've used?

Super Moderator
    Mansfield, PA

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Open your door all the way. Grab under the back edge of the door and pick up and let down a couple of times. Do you feel play in the hinges? Do you have to lift your door to shut it? If neither of these apply, the bushes and hinges are fine. You just need to keep them lubed. Hit them with some WD-40 rather than the lithium goo.

Ugy Lower Corner of AL

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Andrew mine does it too. Drives me nuts too.

Like you, I just used the lithium grease on it and have to spray every 5-6 months.

I've also done what Jeff said about lifting the door and my bushes and hinges are fine too.

I did think to used WD-40. I may use next time. Thanks Jeff

Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Note to self: DO NOT use white lithium grease on door hinges.

Thread Information